cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor Lauren8718
Occasional Contributor

Data Breakdown

The data breakdown for my phone on the Optus app seems not to be working. I cannot get any data breakdown or daily usage for this current bill. Have upgraded the app and also uninstalled and then reinstalled. I have tried to use actual Optus website but all I can do is login and then it comes up as oops page is either down or no longer available. I need to know as my data usage is more than normal and want to find the cause - if something is either tethered to another app or side loading something malicious. I am getting quite irritated with this issue and combined with the poor mobile coverage I have been receiving and an inability to use certain simple features am considering cancelling my contract with Optus. Have spoken to 3 customer service reps through live chat and the issue is still not resolved however I am still burning through data - apparently a GB a day which is strange because I am connected to my works wifi (the only way to get coverage whilst at work) and not normal use for me especially compared to previous months. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Data Breakdown

The Optus data app is just a nice to have. It often doesn't work or is delayed. The main total usage figure is the only one Optus focus on and that also is subject to 48+ hour delays. 

If you have an Android phone set your own local data limits in the settings. If Apple then reset the usage counter each month and keep an eye on it. Optus can not be relied upon to tell you how much data you have used at any given time

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Lauren8718
Occasional Contributor

So when I pay for a service I shouldn’t see what my money is paid for... the only reason I ask is because a few months a pretty reputable app sideloaded something else which was stealing data and I was able to see this through the data breakdown- deleted the app and the issue was resolved. If they are providing a service it should be provided with full transparency and work as it has previously and as it is supposed. I understand that it isn’t always 100% accurate and can be delayed but I now have had to install an outside data manager which uses more data for something that Optus used to provide 

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Totally agree. Optus has issues with its back end infrastructure. Apparently several of its systems are being overhauled to better integrate many different databases as well as provide a much better toolset to customers and service staff. Hopefully that will come on line soon. And of course Optus will have to make the managerial decision to empower their customers rather than leave them exposed and paying sky high excess data fees they don't want or need.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors