Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor JabbaJaws
Occasional Contributor

Data Breakdown via App

Apologies for the double-post > from here:

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Mobile/Data-Breakdown-via-App/m-p/332094#M45746

See this thread for details as nothing else has changed.

{UPDATE 23/01/18}

Hi Folks,

I have just updated my plan to Prepaid Ultimate Plus, and what do you know? Still no data breakdown available!

I was told in this forum that my previous plan was 'too old' and not compatible with the breakdown via My Optus App.

Any ideas where I may be going wrong?

JJ

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Data Breakdown via App

Give it a few days?

Can you get the data breakdown on the MYACCOUNT?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Occasional Contributor

Hi Peter

Thanks for the advice.

I should have said I updated this a week ago. I would assume that to be long enough?

I don't use the MYACCOUNT feature, but this has been suggested previously as well, by Optus staff. My argument is the app should perform as expected, as the bombardment of txt's say it does, and this is where the issue lies.

(Side note * I tried to change my plan following Optus' online instructions. Of course, I got to the final step to be told "This feature is currently not available, Please try again later". I rang them and got it sorted in 5mins. Was also told the new plan is compatible with Data Breakdown via App. Nope.)

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

You need a My Account, or your phone account won't be enclosed within a system that gives billing and usage.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the feedback

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

The first thing you could try doing is logging in, using the email address that you are now using, to log into yescrowd. You might have already done part of it. Go to the front page of Optus and hit the login button and wait for a dropdown. Hit My Account and see if you can log into it.

http://www.optus.com.au/

If not, continue creating an account:

Creating a My Account is the first technical hurdle with no clues, that Optus gives every customer.

My Account is like a bag for a single apple that you bought at the supermarket, and the apple won't be held in anything until you find that bag. Kind of like a nightmare, where you keep searching for this bag that you think has no reason to even be needed, at least in your mind.

You have to hit the login up top right and register for My Account, using your favourite email address. Once you get to putting in date of birth, they give you a bug to get past, because the button stays yellowed out. You select white space around the button and then it becomes pushable. It's like you are Gandalf waving a wand, to get into Mordor.

After you have created My Account, you then have to migrate your lonesome phone account into it, using some button around the place, maybe top right that adds your account, to My Account. This will likely fail, and then you will have to go onto chat to get them to do it.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

When you get to chat, you tell them "I would like to put my phone account into My Account, but it's not working". They will ask for your phone number and the email address of your account that you just made. They will join the two together.

I had to do this process in front of my neighbour who was swearing blind that he had a ^%$^% account and he didn't know what I was doing.

Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

That is one awesome post @10000000000GB Smiley Happy (and perhaps the most I've ever seen you write in a single post)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

I just wrote far too much in that thread where someone wants to migrate from Telstra email.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the advice, 10000000000GB I'm not sure I followed all that, but I'll give it a go. Cheers.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor FrustratedToMax
Occasional Contributor

I'm having the same problem here. I've read all the posts on this site I can find regarding the issue, but none have offered a solution. Optus phone support is, unsuprisingly, useless.

The old version of the app was working fine on my old phone on an old plan. In Feb, I got a new phone, new plan and installed the latest version of the app, and haven't been able to get it working since (Data Breakdown that is).  It works fine on MyAccount, but what's the point of putting it in the app if it doesn't work?

I've reinstalled the app a few times, but no change.

Any suggestions appreciated.

FTM

0 Kudos
Top Contributors