Searching...

Mobile

Data Breakdown - 7 days delayed

Mezari

The optus app claims that data usage information is updated every 4 hours. I have seen it blow out to 4 days on some occasions, but that is ok as it used to get back on track.

For the last 4-5 months of bills though, my daily use on the data breakdown in the app is delayed by 7 days. This is not acceptable.

The actual usage is correct, saying I've used 21% of my planned data etc, but within the data breakdown tab, the 7 day delay is just ridiculous.

I have reinstalled the app numerous times, and I have kept the app updated.

Am I the only one experiencing this currently? How can I get this fixed to show much more current data usage information on the daily use breakdown?

Re: Data Breakdown - 7 days delayed

Paddylee

You are not alone, my daily usage is also 7 days behind. 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

petergdownload

I believe the breakdown and total comes from different databases etc. So they can disagree.

There's no specific requirement for data usage to be reported properly (only a best efforts clause)

In fairness the daily is presumably less critical to be timely. Hopefully the overall remains up to date. 

If you have an Android, set up local data limits, warnings and usage - generally more reliable than remote updates (although all the 'free' data options can muck this arround now.)

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted

Paddylee

The page states its updated every 4 hours, as tgis is not the case it should be ammeded to a more truthfull representation.

I dont go near my limit but i do like to track how much I use on a daily basis. 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

Starseed

Are you for real? This delay is only recent. Up until then the daily usage was regularly updated every few hours. Your answer is ridiculous. If it used to work, then what is the excuse for it not working now? 

petergdownload

I stated three facts and a possible option to alleviate the issue. I'm not sure what or why you want you want to ridicule that?

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
79 Kudos
75 Kudos
62 Kudos
54 Kudos
49 Kudos