cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
billzai
New Contributor
New Contributor

Damage Fee? after returning a good working phone.

I don't know where to start, last month in January my Optus Flex Plan has ended, being the good customer that I am, I returned my leased iPhone XR that I've always taken care of (in a case all the time, put a screen protector, never dropped it, etc). Went to an Optus Store and gave the guy the phone, he was impressed that the phone was in good working condition, everyone was happy, I signed the paper that says the phone was working good, and he took the phone and said I could keep the box and the charger, everyone was happy. A month later I got an email saying that the phone is damaged and I have to pay for the damaged fee???!? How? I signed the paper, the employee was there to verify it, and I got a $499 damage fee??? I'm furious, I don't know what to do, all I know is the phone that I returned was immaculate and the Optus clerk can testify that the phone was in good working condition when I returned it. I'm sorry, but I seriously feel like I'm getting scammed, we're in a damn pandemic, $499 is a lot of money!!! still no answer from Optus, no calls, been complaining for almost a week.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Tina_YC

Re: Damage Fee? after returning a good working phone.

Hi @billzai, thanks for getting in touch with us. We're really sorry to hear about your frustrating experience. This is certainly not the level of service we strive to achieve.

Please note that we’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd. Therefore, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus app. Our Messaging team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible. If for some reason you’re unable to use the My Optus app, please send a private message to the official Optus Facebook page or Twitter page for further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

billzai
New Contributor
New Contributor

I cant!! Asked for help on the chat and they said they can't do anything and I have to come to the store and ask the employee. I WENT to the store and asked for help and they said they can't do anything about it as the phone had gone to the warehouse. This seriously feels like a scam as I can't do anything about it and I really need help.

0 Kudos
Rob_YC

Hey @billzai, are you able to send us a message via Facebook or Twitter? Our team will be able to confirm your details and follow up via those platforms. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos