cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

DATA USAGE CONFUSION

Optus keeps sending me messages that I’m using extra gigabytes when I am not using that much. Just now typing this message I have already received 2 text messages that I have used a whole extra gigabyte when I only just received the exact message less than half an hour ago again telling me that I’ve used an extra gigabyte for $10. There is no way that I have used 2 gigabytes within half an hour! I do not have anything in the background that would be using data and I have been watching Netflix but I have data free mobile streaming activated and I am using it within the correct and appropriate guidelines for data free. Are the messages I’m receiving an error? 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: DATA USAGE CONFUSION

Hey there!

Sometimes the data usage alert messages can be slightly delayed, so I wouldn't assume you've used the data between those two messages, but may have at some poiny prior.

I'd recommend logging into Optus MyAccount or opening the Optus app - you can see a breakdown of where your data is going.

Let us know how you go - we're here to help!

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button 🙂
0 Kudos
Top Contributors