cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor adam93
New Contributor

Customer service is a joke

I have generally had an ok experience with Optus until recently. I wanted to trasnfer my ADSL service to a new location and it became an ongoing saga that ended in me cancelling my service. This was a painful experience that stole countless hours of my life. Customer service is just not a thing at Optus. The staff will tell you whatever you want to hear yet they dont have a clue.

I'm fairly certain my profile on their backend is messed. The number of times they ask me for my address makes it evident that they dont have a centralised CRM to manage their customers enquireys.

Alas, I still took out a new Galaxy Note 10+ plan that was ordered last week. I understand that the phone is new to the market so there are going to be delays in getting it. BUT - there is no communication or updates or anything to tell me when the order is shipped. When I have asked the customer service staff, all I get is lies and empty promises. I was assured it would arrive on Wednesday, yet from my recent conversation I know that the warehouse is out of stock. This scenario is ok, but for the love of god just be honest from the get go, instead of lying and telling me the standard "wait 3-5 days blah blah blah". Evertime I chat to Optus its a different story that ends in the same vague statements that deny any sort of accountability.

In the latest conversation, I have been assured once more I will get a notification and the phone will be shipped. Hoenstly, too late. Im holding you to your original assurance that it be delivered by Wednesday and  by Thursday I'm cancelling the order and my exisiting service.

What a joke of a company to treat your customers the way you do.

Now if Optus staff are reading this, I urge you to read my chat history dating back to early August and try not to kill yourself in frustration. Keep in mind that I work from home and I am completeing university studies (broadband is more than just netflix for me).

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Customer service is a joke

Just want to check you didn't get the 5G variant? Optus aren't shipping them until Sept 20 if you did.

Otherwise if it's the standard 10+ that's just not good enough. I agree, with major handset launches comes demand and therefor backlog. But transparancy and kept promises is the only way to manage that, not lies. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
New Contributor adam93
New Contributor

It was the non 5g variant. You hit the nail on the head with transparency, its so frustrating being given assurances that don't come through.  

I took a day off work to allow the Optus tech to install my broadband.. they never came . Optus blame the tech, the tech blames Optus,  no one gives a ssh about the customer. All they do is palm you of to another department. 

My phone did arrive on Thursday. I was in two minds about returning it 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi Adam93,

Thank you for taking the time to share your poor experience.

I'm glad to hear you received your phone.

We don't have access to view customer accounts here on Yes Crowd so can't see your chat history.

Your feedback is valuable, may I suggest if you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details. Copying and pasting your original post and including your account info will enable them to view it and pass it on to the relevant department(s) to review the situation, including the live chat agents you have spoken with.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors