Searching...

Mobile

Customer Service rep cannot stop "$5 number share" charge for apple watch

A45A351

Hi,

I keep getting charged $5 "number share" each month apparently for the apple watch. I live chat customer service however the person says they cannot remove it - I have to call up every month and have it credited back. Doesn't seem right to me.

I spoke to the Customer Service rep a month or two ago and he credited me back, however each new bill has the $5 charge on it.

Can this please be stopped as I don't use the Apple watch "number share" and I don't want to keep contacting Optus every month?

Thank You,

Re: Customer Service rep cannot stop "$5 number share" charge for apple watch

Dan_C

@A45A351, that's strange.

The Number share add-on is a month-month feature.

Did we even mention if there was a system issue preventing us from making the change, or did we simply advise that it wasn't possible to remove?

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

A45A351

Hi Dan,

Apologies, I re-read the chat transcript from I had via live chat regarding this $5 charge and the customer service rep said he will escalate this to try and get it fixed, and would leave some notes in the case for future reference (never mentioned it was month-to-month or why it was so difficult to remove). I've copied the main parts of the transcript below from late September. It doesn't contain any private information and i've removed the Optus reps name for privacy. To date, I'm still getting charged the extra $5 fee.

Thank you for your help and prompt response.

E (22:13:25 AEST) : I see that you have charges for Number share that IWatch charges that is $5
Visitor (22:14:40 AEST) : oh ok is that the iWatch ?
E (22:15:30 AEST) : Yes That is for I watch charges
E (22:15:47 AEST) : iwatch*
E (22:17:10 AEST) : As I checked with my supervisor you have been incorrectly charges for the iWatch $5
I'll go ahead and and Waive it off
Visitor (22:17:20 AEST) : ok thank you
Visitor (22:17:53 AEST) : what will happen in the next few bills ? will the $5 charge come back each month ?
Visitor (22:18:08 AEST) : i don't want to call optus each month to fix up the $5 charge
E(22:19:16 AEST) : +
E (22:19:55 AEST) : I'll try my Best to not appears this charges from next "I'll escalate this to Our back end team to not to charge on this
Visitor (22:20:54 AEST) : ok
E (22:21:11 AEST) : I have successfully applied the $5 waive off on your account
Visitor (22:21:31 AEST) : If you could please fix it permanently that would be great. I don't want to have contact Optus every month to fix the same thing
E (22:21:39 AEST) : It will be credited back in 2 business day and reflecting amount adjusted in your next bill
E (22:22:40 AEST) : Yes I completely Understand, I'll check and Email the same to Our back end team to not to charge every month and contact us back
E (22:23:08 AEST) : Not to worry I';ll clearly mention this in the Notes as well so that it will be easy if there is any charges

Highlighted

Dan_C

Hmm, I can always go in and follow up.

I might not be able to respond right away, but I'll get to it.

Send us a PM with the details. I need your full name, DOB and mobile number. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
78 Kudos
74 Kudos
63 Kudos
55 Kudos
50 Kudos