Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Customer Service a Sham - Non existent Managers

What does it take to order a phone and re-contract with Optus? 

It appears that not even after a week full of phone calls and chats on their live-chat feature can make that happen. How is it possible that one company can get it so wrong? No one seems to be able to access "other departments".

4 attempts to order one phone only to end up with the WRONG phone and apparently it's on the onus of the customer to resolve this continuously and continue to chase up Optus and wait.

All attempts to escalate and speak to a manager is ignored. For some reason, only emails can be sent to managers to ask them to call a customer back..which NEVER happens. Customer service is dead at Optus. All promises and nothing is delivered.

Optus needs to take a good hard look at their Operations and process management, there is a HUGE opportunity to streamline processes and also learn what Customer Service is. No wonder everyone is lodging complaints with the TIO.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Customer Service a Sham - Non existent Managers

Had the same thing.

Operator said they couldn't or weren't authorised to deal directly about my complaint of unauthorised premium SMS charges. They claimed that their manager was not their. After multiple demands and standing my ground he said he would forward me on to something to speak on the phone with and it would take 20 minutes for my call to be answered.

Low and behold I got a call and was put on hold. After exactly 20 minutes someone answered and then I went through the whole shpeel again until they finally agreed to take responsibility for addressing my complaint. Deliberate obfuscation and time wasting in order to discourage you from pursuing the matter. In shows that Optus works hand in hand with the scammers behind premium SMS messages to minimise the amount of money they have to refund for fraudulent charges.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Tell me about it..I spoke to like 20 different people and kept getting passed on and trasnferred here and there. Their chat teams and their phone teams can't even align with the same messaging. To top it off, seems like whenever we are at the pointy end of a conversation, i'd get disconnected and had to start the ball rolling all over again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

This is still an issue that cannot be resolved, I cannot seem to get a resolution and no one seems to know anything. More promises and wrong information spewing from operators who don't know a thing.

0 Kudos