Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
jakma
New Contributor
New Contributor

Customer Number

Hi I need to provide my customer number to telstra to port accross, They have advised that the number I need is 11 digits long but I have my customer number from optus is 14 digits

Do I nned to drop off some of the account #

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Customer Number

Hmm the link below suggests an Optus account number is required and as you correctly pointed out that's 14 digits. I would double check with Telstra on that.

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/mobiles-tablets/plans/switching-with-telstra

Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: Customer Number

@jakma,

If your service is still active, simply open the My Optus application and navigate to the billing section. The account number is there on the top portion of the page. We've recently migrated a number of post-paid customers to a new billing/service platform. These accounts have 11 digit account numbers. If your service is still being billed from our legacy system then yes, it should be a 14 digit number.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos