cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Marpap
Occasional Contributor

Credit transfer from one prepaid service to another

I want to transfer prepaid credit from one prepaid mobile service to another (both Optus) HOw can I do this. I've tried the standard way and was told it wasn't possible.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: Credit transfer from one prepaid service to another

Hi

I don't know if this link helps:

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/me2u-iou?requestType=NormalRequest&id=1502&typeId=5

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Mike-N
RetiredModerator

Hello @Marpap

How have you gone having your prepaid credit transferred? If you send us a private message confirming your phone numbers, full name and date of birth, we can look into this for you.  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I'm still having trouble and even worse, can't get into My account for either number using either my mane and date of birth or my husbands name and date of birth.

We forget which name the transferring account is in since we got help porting a Telstra mobile number to Optus. This was solved at an Optus shop, but in the process the owners of the two accounts got confused. The chatline person yesterday said she linked my name to one of the accounts and would send an rmail about resetting a password, but no email has arrived. I am elderly and need to have this fixed before a medical procedure. My husband is not computer savvy.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Mike-N
RetiredModerator

I'm sorry to hear that you're having on going issues Marpap 😞 If you send us a private message with your details, we'll take a look to see if the account is in your name, and do our best to help you get this fixed. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I have tried several times to send a private message to a moderator without success. Can someone give me a phone number (not general enquiry one) where I can get help. The prepaid account I want to transfer from is an Optus one and the one I want to transfer to is a My Prepaid. Both are long expiry. My need is to transfer credit from the old phone since it doesn't work most of the time in a regional area. I lost confidence in my Optus shop when their first attempt to port my old Telstra number failed and a day later they wanted to charge me a second time for a new Sim card.

Please can someone help. I don't want to go to the Ombudsman since I believe Optus staff are trying to help, but can't do much when a problem is complicated or find it difficult to explain things to an elderly person.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Nam_L
RetiredModerator

Hey @Marpap, really sorry to hear that you're having such a challenge trying to PM us 😞 You should be able to do this by clicking here → http://yesopt.us/mikepm . Alternatively you can talk with our Prepaid team here →  http://yesopt.us/chat2us if you'd prefer to talk to someone about this, please call 1300555002. 

All the best,

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

The process still doesn't work. I just keep getting put back to the Yes crowd log in page even when I click on the username.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thank you very much. I went to the chatline again and was helped by an operator called Shaun. He was very patient and took time to undertsand my issue. I believe it has now been resolved. I only wish the previous two chatline people had been as helpful. Elderly people like me need more time to explain things and not be patronised. I wish Shaun could receive some sort of reward for his great helpfulness. You need more call centre people like him.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Nam_L
RetiredModerator

That's awesome news @Marpap. I'm so happy to hear the matter was resolved.

I'll ensure to pass this feedback onto our LiveChat team. If you need anything else, please let us know. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors