Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Credit check declined & useless live chat help

heshammustafa

So, I have 3 SIM planes & NBN account with Optus for about 18 months now. I wanted to upgrade my 3 sim plans to Phone & sim plans, however my order was declined because I have failed the credit check. I contacted Veda and got my report, nothing wrong there at all. Checked my credit score and it was "Very good" 796 out of 1200. Contacted Live chat and they offered no help, just automated response. No reason why I was declined or even a point of escalation or how to dispute the decision. 

Re: Credit check declined & useless live chat help

petergdownload

AFAIK the OPtus credit check process is a complete black box. Staff have no control or info about it either. Your details are submitted and a single Yes/No response is provided. There is no appeal or reason given (or can be given). You can apparently try again in 3 months. 

I can ony wonder if perhaps you have Optus specific credit issues (late bill payments?). Alternatively it might be a mistaken ID and something got mixed up.

Not sure what options you have now. Can you maybe just apply for one phone at a time? Can you get LIVECHAT to confirm the correct details were sent to Veda?

Peter Gillespie

Paddylee

Optus staff get a automated system response of Approve or Decline, no other information is provided - hence why they are not able to advise further.

Numerous threads on these YesCrowd forums with people being declined.

There are numeorus credit reporting agencies, so thats always an issue.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

heshammustafa

Nope, no delayed bills or declined credit cards. My account is set for Direct debit, no issues whatsoever.

Livechat can't access these details and can't / won't transfer me to anyone who can help. 

It is a weird policy that I can't dispute a decision about my account, may be I am delusional and expect common business sense 

petergdownload

Ultimately you can't force Optus to sell you their products. Its their system. No doubt the simplistly of it saves them lots of issues and debate and argument and defaults. But simple means collateral damage which you appear to be. I can only suggest WRITE a complaint to Optus requesting a review and see what eventuates. 

Otherwise you're SIM only so perhaps time to look elsewhere.

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
141 Kudos
125 Kudos
120 Kudos
78 Kudos
72 Kudos