Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mobile Outage Northern NSW has now been resolved 2PM AEDT
Occasional Contributor TruthTeller
Occasional Contributor

Contract RIP OFF

I recently switched internally to business account 15GB DATA with UNLIMITED CALLS AND TEXTS on SIM ONLY with an ipad data pack of 10GB. The deal was sign up and get double data on the sim only deal. Hence 40GB shared and sports free along with spotify etc. Today my iphone user app shows a breach of 25GB and i am now also being charged in $10 increments for every 1GB over 25GB. I called, virtual chatted and even went through to retention wherby they also convieniently kicked me out of the chat, no doubt because they want to go home 15 mins before the 9pm NSW closing time?! They were about as useful as a chocolate fire guard. I looked at my data breakdown too and it is 33% sports usage. If, which is isnt, if the data was in breach? How could it be because at least 8GB IS FREE data stream. So here is the upshot i have either or been mis sold and cheated on the back end or OPTUS HAVE LOST THE PLOT. And why oh why is it not possible for a single person on their useless ‘help’ portals to rectify this issue?? Perhaps its because like all other national companies with too much cash flow.. they dont give a damn

please do feel free to reply and if you are an optus employee with an IQ above 100? Call me direct or of course reply here and wait to be transfered to a representative who will help you.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Moderator Aman_B

Re: Contract RIP OFF

Hi @ TruthTeller - Really sorry  for any inconvenience caused.  Could you please PM us Here your full name, date of birth, mobile number and we can look into this. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I have pm’d you and i do hope you do NOT waste any more of my valuable time. I run a business and it is not optus, unfortunately, because if i did run your business? This forum would be full of happy, loyal, complimentary customers considering themselves respected, valued and heard and above all else, they would be getting on with their own lives instead of wasting it trying to fix the appalling OPTUS operating procedures and customer service practices which include, hanging off the chat, unresolved issues, two faced statements and much worse than all of that, the complicated, unclear and divisory tactics

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Hi @  TruthTeller - I've replied to your PM and apologies for the delay. We're not a live chat service so can be a small delay in us responding. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Its partly rectified, thank you for addressing the 40GB allowance and setting it so i can see it in the yes optus app.

unfortunately, the issue around my large data use being spent (33%) in the optus sport app and still being counted against my usage is a MASSIVE PROBLEM. I am being penalised for using the very free bundled in service i have agreed in my contract and in essence one of two sole reasons i joined optus. Otherwise i may well be elsewhere with clearer data usage policy, feedback, analysis and overall honesty. Now, my question is: Why Is my free data streaming counted towards my data cap and subsequently used to break the ceiling thereby kickstarting incremental 1GB charging??!

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Thanks 🙂

I've just replied to your private message. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors