Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
littlebitunsure
New Contributor
New Contributor

Contract Ending

Hello, 

My contract ends this month on the 18th (next week), I am on a mobile plan that originally came from Virgin Mobile which has since become a part of the Optus network.

My question is: After the contract expires, is the phone then unlocked from the Optus network? So I am free to shop around and get a prepaid SIM from a different network? Or is there something that I need to request, cancel or do in order to unlock it? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Contract Ending

Your phone is likely not 'locked'. Borrow a friends SIM for a minute and see if it works in your phone.

Once your contract end you get switched to month to month and can end that any time with a call to Optus.

Feel free to shop around (although Optus mobile plans are actually pretty good)

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Johnwillie
New Contributor
New Contributor

*mobile number hidden* end of contract ???

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi johnwillie,

We have hidden your personal information on our online public forum. We take your privacy very seriously. If you have any questions about this, please feel free to refer to the Community Guidelines. Thank you! 

To find your contract end date, jump onto the My Optus app and simply tap on More in the bottom right hand corner and then Plan and Plan term.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos