Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Ksh1411
Occasional Contributor

Content services

Hi,

i have just been charged $12.73 for content services. Your customer care told me thats its by MIA sphere live and its a scam and i should contact 1300724406 and dispute it. Two questions from my side

1) The charges are levied by Optus hence Optus should resolve this. I did not provide authorization to optus to create a credit on my behalf

2) The number provided looks like a scam too as all it does is take the confirmation of my mobile number and hang up

3) Optus should immediately revert these charges as they are incurred without my consent and sort with any third oarty on its own as I did not sign up for any service with a third party 

4) Try to have polite people on Optus chat from your side

12 Replies
New Contributor Daniela31
New Contributor

Re: Content services

i have this issue - I get the number to call and you can't reach anyone

Optus havent reversed the charges yet after two phone calls and being told the same thing

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Told by Optus customer care that they have approached the third party to try and get the money reversed. Awaiting to hear back from them now. Also, they have blocked any usage of such content services in future.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi @Ksh1411

I'm glad that you got this sorted by our agents. Please also have a look at the below link regarding Premium charges moving forward. 

Content Services FAQ

Please let us know if you require any further assistance. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

And its been nearly two months. The charges levied to me over the past 3 months were supposed to be reversed. The number shared to me to get in touch with the shady games provider - Hip Fun, which I have never spoken to, continues to be unreachable.

Your customer care is terrible at attending calls. The other day, I had to wait for upto 15 min before hanging up.

After the outcry on ABC news about this scam, where you figure only second to optus, I did get an SMS from Hip Fun saying that the subscription has been terminated. What a relief.

But guys what about reversing over 100 dollars of unconsented billing you would have done on part of these providers.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Hey @Ksh1411, definitely understand your concern, we're here to help.

If you haven't already spoken with our Customer Care team regarding the charges, we can absolutely assess them for you - please chat with us HERE so we can take a look. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor melissajeinam
New Contributor

Unfortunately your customer care team are unhelpful.  I am a customer who has set their content limit to $0.00, yet this month I have recieved a $10 charge for a subscription I never signed up for.  To note: I have read through the multiple forums on this matter and all of them basically say to reduce your spend limit, yet I had already done this is May this year, and Optus are still allowing charges on my account. To advise a customer that although it is an Optus error, that they have to spend their time tracing a credit from a third party is unacceptable. As this is not the first issue I have had with Optus this year and my mobile contract is about to expire, I will be cancelling my mobile service, our NBN service and my husbands mobile service. May seem like small fish, but it is a $300.00 a month account, good job Optus. 

RetiredModerator JordanOptus
RetiredModerator

Not what we want happening, sorry @melissajeinam 😞 Happy to check it out if you like? Just shoot me a PM when y

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Good decision. I am yet to get the promised phone call from my content service provider. The number provided is not reachable as well. This is the second time I am provided a reference number, promised the money would refunded by third party and left in lurch to reach out to this ghost content provided.

Sad part is I am in a contract and cant do much. But wont renew with optus for sure the next time.

0 Kudos