Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor Rhysy91
New Contributor

Content Services

I have been charged several $14.90 "content services" that I never subscribed to (Optus accused me of clicking on links they sent me) I have chatted with 3 different people on their Online Chat and it seems that I have completely wasted my time. So far they have managed to stop the content services and was credited for one of the content charges. WHAT ABOUT ALL THE OTHER CHARGES? When am I going to be credited for them? You illegally subscribe and charge me for something I didn't agree to and now you won't credit me for these charges. I see a lot of other people are complaining about this issue, I hope you come up with something good to keep me as an Optus customer, if not I will be changing to another provider as soon as this plan ends.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Content Services

Yes it was illegal. Telstra last month was fined $10 million for engaging in the same activity for the last two years.

So far there's been no announcement about Optus (who have been charging customers for the last decade)

Its disappointing that Optus customer service staff  are still refusing to refund victims. Telstra has been ordered to refund any one who has lodged a complaint. 

I can only concur that your outrage is quite valid (those that you paid to protect you, haven't). I'd suggest watch this space as the ACCC is working actively in the area.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator JordanOptus
RetiredModerator

Re: Content Services

Hey @Rhysy91 apologies for the charges there, we'll get this fixed up. Shoot me a PM with your full name, DOB, and account or service number when you get a chance.

0 Kudos