Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor JRob
New Contributor

Content Services

Hi,

Another "Content Services" post - my one is completely unrecognised $13.94 and obviously I haven't actively subscribed to anything.  As a new customer, assumed it would be blocked by default, and need support to refund this charge.  And I've never had this in 20 years as a mobile user, so not a great experience with Optus in that respect.

I also can't find the option to block / set to $0 this type of thing - the 'settings' option launched optus zoo and no obvious control there I can find- can someone direct me?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Content Services

Where did you see that charge? In My Account? I ask because I saw the same thing (Can't remember the $$ figure of the charge though) where I saw a cost for content services and I was sure I'd put the limit down to $0. I had, however, ordered some new hardware that was attached to my mobile and they put the charge under content service with no further explanation until I received my bill.

Given you're a new customer, any chance there may be something coming your way that would have an associated cost? The charge you're seeing would also be less GST.

Anyway, if that didn't help, the other annoying thing I found out was they couldn't see what the "content services" charge was for until my bill was generated so I'm guessing the same will apply to you so you can save yourself time and wait for the bill.

The default level isn't $0 either. I just logged into my accounts via https://optus.com.au/myaccount scrolled down to where I could see my mobile number and associated plan, selected settings on the right hand side and scrolled to where I could see "premium SMS spend control". This is where the limit is, hopefully it's similar to your so it's easy to follow.

Good luck!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Miles_R
RetiredModerator

Hi @JRob @SamSam, my apologies that you've received these charges! We have posted the steps to limit content charges such as this on Yes Crowd here. Please let us know if you have any issues with this so that we can advise you further.

0 Kudos
New Contributor PeterRN
New Contributor

The default charges should have been Zero not $200. You are placing unnecessary charges to your customers who already are paying your regular amounts of money per month. These is illegal.

New Contributor PeterRN
New Contributor

Go to http://msc.optuszoo.com.au/contentspendlimit/adjust and create an account. It's currently on $200, change it to $0. I think this should be reported, using credits cards usually require the verification code but these transactions just charge customers automatically. This is illegal.

0 Kudos