Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

Content Services ?

DES3175

Can someone tell me what Content Services are.I have had one charge show up in my account and would like to know what I did to get it.Also would it come within my $59 cap with my iPhone 4s? Thank you

Solution

Re: Content Services ?

EZ

Hi,

Content services are basically 1900/crazy frog ringtone/love calculator kind of stuff that are never included in your cap. Most commonly, texting Aus Idol or breakfast shows. Often the fine print on these offers does not immediately convey that the cost is not of a standard text.

DES3175

Thanks for your reply.I realise now what it was I did to get this charge and made sure to stop any possibility of extra charges.In the end there was only a 23 cent cost to me for the text message I needed to send.At least that is all that is showing up under the my account page.

Michelle12
I texted the 1900 numbers once or twice and after that it is still charging me for it months after I texted the numbers. How do I stop this?

Unknown-Newbie
Hi,

Is there anything else included as content services because I have a $49 plan and I have received my bill, and content services is $91 and I have NOT used anything listed in the above reply. So is there anything else included ad content services? Thanks
Solution

[ Edited ]
Esther

Hey Michelle12 and Unknown-Newbie,

Content services and 19/1900 numbers are all premium services. Some of them are subscriptions, where as others are once-off.

Content Services include and are not limited to Chat services, competitions, Votings on TV Shows, Horoscopes, Jokes, Wallpaper, Music etc range in costs from $0.25 SMS up to $4-5 per message sent/received.

The quickest way to stop any Premium SMS subscriptions is to text the word STOP to the 19xx number the messages are coming from.

You are able to monitor current Premium SMS spent, set spend limits and apply barrings via MyAccount.

Find more info on Premium Services here 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

growlcat

Can content services include nasty pop-ups from so-called free games? I haven't dialled any premium numbers or used TV services, so what else is included?

JustinB

Hey growlcat,

Content services would generally be something that you would need to subscribe to, so pop-up windows from games should  not be the cause here. Have you received any text messages with the option to opt out of any services/promos?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

tegu
What means content services, actually I have got an extra charges on my $60 plan (iPhone 6). So how can I stop it,help me out!

Dave

Hi tegu,

If you take a look at the bill, there will be a itemised listing of those charges as well as a name/description of the service. Post back if you have any further questions.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
78 Kudos
74 Kudos
63 Kudos
55 Kudos
49 Kudos