Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Re: Content Services ?

FD275

Content services can now also include charges for apps, music, games, anything you can buy from the 'store' relevant to your phone eg itunes, play store etc. You can set up payment for these purchases to be added to your bill rather immediately through a credit card or paypal. 

EmmaTodd

Hi Optus - I have on my bill $23 extra for content serviceS? what is this? Whatever it is I want it cancelled immediately pleased. Thank you.

FD275

Hi Emma,

Content services can now also include charges for apps, music, games, anything you can buy from the 'store' relevant to your phone eg itunes, play store etc. You can set up payment for these purchases to be added to your bill rather than pay immediately through a credit card or paypal. 

robynm

Please tell me what Content sevices are....I am beeing charged heaps for this and haven t done anything different from usual???

Dan_C

Hey @robynm, content service charges can be generated as a result of clicking on some form of banner advertising or a third party application. Content services generally include subscription based services such as those that offer wall papers or ring tones. We always suggest jumping onto your Optus.com.au/myaccount. You'd need to click on the corresponding service number, access your settings, click on premium spend control limit and set the limit to $0.00. If you wish to dispute the charge, it's best to call the number of the company listed in the text message you've received. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Tommyking

So can we sue them legally. It is like stealing for me. I did not subscribe anything at all. All I got is a text from them. And why optus allow them to do to their customers as well? I think we should be protected from optus for our credit. Why didn't you guys prevent it from default instead of changing it later. I can't believe that you do not get any benefits from those. RIDICULOUS!!!!

Tommyking

My ony question is why optus allow those content services to take out from your credit. They can't take out from my credit card or bank. So clearly your system is a liability for that theft. 

So stupid of you to allow those and all you can do is set the amount for content service to 0.00 from default.

In my opinion it is like con method that you guys are being paid by advertising fees or commission.

Can't believe you guys can do it to your customers. Shame on you 

Shae

Really sorry to hear that you feel that you've been signed up for a service you've not requested @Tommyking. Can I ask if you've been in contact with the PSMS provider to raise a dispute with the charges? If you needed help raising the query or getting their help line number, please send us a PM with the full name, account number and date of birth on the account and we'll do our best to help out where we can. 

Llib

I have just blocked my content services to avoid being billed by Jamster Music Club (third party) that i didn't subscribe to, however i received an sms telling me differently. If I pay for apps etc with paypal or credit card will my life be affected, apart from avoiding Jamsters bogus nonexistant music club fees that optus cant or wont block?

I am concerned that I've inadvertantly been using content services without realising.

Mike-N

Hello @Llib

Reducing your content spend limit would only impact you if you were paying for apps etc with direct carrier billing. Because you're using your own credit card/ paypall account to make payments, you won't be impacted by this. If you would like to dispute the charge/ have us look into this, please send us a private message confirming your phone number, full name, and date of birth. Thank you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
76 Kudos
73 Kudos
63 Kudos
55 Kudos
49 Kudos