Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Contacting Optus

How do you contact and speak with anyone from Optus. I have been trying for over a week! Every time I call, the recording advises that there are lengthy delays and to call back later! This has been going on for days! When attempting to contact via live chat, the links are not functioning. I then tried to register to set up an account only to be told that my mobile phone was ineligible for this service. Funny that my mobile is with Optus. 

I have received multiple texts from Optus Alerts advising me that I have used up my data allowance. 2 Weeks ago I did get through to someone (finally) when this started and was told there were computer issues and received a text from the Optus team that I had NOT exceeded my data allowance. Since then I received another alert and my tax invoice charging me for extra data usage. Now, it is impossible to contact Optus to clarify what is going on. 

Has anyone else experienced this scenario. How can a service provider make it impossible for its customers to contact and  speak to someone? 

8 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Contacting Optus

Timmie, I have had the exact same situation. Cannot contact Optus LiveChat, as the functionality is not working on either IE or GoogleChrome. And there contact centre is constantly busy and I never get through to anyone to speak with.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Your best bet is to walk into a store, and not leave until they fix your problem. 
Doing it by phone is a waste of time, you will never get through. Online chat is somewhat better, if you manage to talk to someone.

Give that a try anyway, would be quicker than a phone call. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Most of the stores are franchises with little power over the back end admin. They are mostly interested in selling you a 24 month phone contract.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

So frustrating and disappointing to find that the issue of "contact" is a common theme. I have tried again and again to contact them without success today, spent hours trying yesterday. Impossible via phone and internet website. The option of attending a store is out as they don't "deal" with these issues! It makes you wonder how these service providers stay in business. Sounds like it's time for a change. I've had issues with contacting Telstra in the past but nothing like this experience with Optus. I've been with them for 10 years and the service has certainly deteriorated to an appalling standard. On one hand they say they're experiencing technical issues and to ignore the Optus alerts texts and on the other, they charge you for their errors! Then, it's impossible to contact them to clear the issue up. That's one way to turn a profit without providing a service! 

Hope you guys get a better result than I have so far! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @ Timmie - Completely understand your frustration - can appreciate it wouldn't be a good experience trying to get through. This is one of our busiest times and there are extended delays when calling. The call centre staff are trying their best to answer the calls as soon as they can. With regards to My account and excess data, you can check your usage from the My Optus App on your handset. Please let me know if this helps of if you still need a hand then please PM me Here your account details and we can discuss. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @Trent_88, really sorry with the experience you've had. Please let us know here if you still need a hand. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Aman_B,

I have tried to contact Optus since 17/12/17. I received athe first Optus alert at 9.25PM advising me that I had used almost all of my data allowance. In the 10 years I have had my account with Optus I have never even approached using all the data allowance. I was unsuccessful in my attempts over the next few days to speak to anyone at Optus regarding this. Then on the 20/12/17 I received (was woken up) at 11:12PM advising me I had used all the data allowance and I would be charged a further fee as a result. Again I tried to contact Optus and finally on the 21/12/17 I got through ( it took 4 days of constant ringing). I was advised that Optus was experiencing technical issues and reassured that I had not exceeded my data allowance. I received a text from the Optus Team confirming that I had not remotely approached using the entire data allowance. I was told my tax invoice would NOT change. I then received my tax invoice on the 2/01/18 and have been trying to contact Optus ever since without success The tax invoice included the EXTRA charge due to exceeding the data allowance. 

As I said above, this has never happened before and I have NOT changed how I use this mobile phone. I have had the phone checked to ensure it was working as per normal. There is NOTHING different about my phone or my usage and yet I received yet another alert on the 31/12/17 that I had used another 515.5MB. At this point I have avoided using my phone even to check the weather! I haven't downloaded the My Optus App simply to avoid any further "alerts". I have, however, attempted to log in to my Optus Account (on my computer) only to find I needed to register as I wasn't recognised. After multiple attempts at registering using this phone's mobile number, I kept receiving the same message "....not eligible to register.." using my mobile phone #, a device with Optus!!!!!

I appreciate that its a busy time, however, surely Optus has the foresight that in order to provide some level of customer service that adequate staff are available to meet the demand. Certainly, the website should be fully functional! The fact that I have yet to make contact (other than via this forum) with someone at Optus over the last 4 days is unacceptable. The chat links don't work, I can't register for an account and I am being charged for data usage that I NEVER used! I don't appreciate late night Optus Alerts particularly when I have to get up early the next day and more so, when I have ony used minimal data. To add insult to injury, every time I ring, I'm told that "due to lengthy delays I should call back later"! This is NOT good enough at any time of the year!

I'm not sure which is more frustrating, being charged for data I haven't used or not being able to contact my service provider!

My account number is *moderated*. This issue needs to be resolved and Optus needs to act quickly to ensure its customers' have the ability to contact staff when necessary. Given the comments in this forum, I think the sooner Optus responds to its customers the better! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Totally understand your frustrations @Timmie. The Live Chat team are currently experiencing delays due to high volumes and they're trying their best to respond as soon as they can. With regards to the usage, this is something that we can help with and also discuss if your current plan is working or may be a plan change will help. Are you able to PM me Here your full name, Optus number & date of birth so we can take a look into this?

0 Kudos