cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Contacting Optus store impossible

Hi, is there a way to contact Optus stores on the phone and talk to someone ?

They all have listed numbers but when you call, you get a machine with different options, I have tried them all, also calling different stores and there is no way you can talk to someone.

This service is getting worst and worst, no wonder Optus has soooo many complaints with the TIO.

I have also tried a chat to ask the question ... guess what !! chat not available !

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Contacting Optus store impossible

Stores are increasingly difficult to get a hold of, I'd say because they want to focus their efforts on customers in store.

I've always found chat really useful, maybe try this link - http://yesopt.us/chat2us

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thks @SamSam for the link, it worked, I managed to chat with someone ...... but what a disaster and a waste of 30 mns of my time to get no answer at the end.

I don't know if I will be able to repost the chat because it is long, but this is the summary:

I just wanted to ask the store if the deal that Optus had online for a particular phone was available in store (simple question), if they had the phone on display so I could have a look at it, and if they had stock.

Since you can't call the store, I asked the Optus sales chat guy the same question about the deal, if the stores had the same deal.

He did not know and could not tell me, he even said (wrote)  that the deal was in store only (if you go to the Optus website it says that you buy online and you also get free express delivery, does not say anything about store prices or availability ).

Than he said (wrote) that I had to go to the store to find out if they had the same deal or not, because Optus sales did not know.

That's a 20 kms round trip for me just to ask a question and maybe get a negative answer

So Optus .... a BIG FAT 0 for your services ! But you are use to it and don't really care, do you !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

This is the chat if anyone at Optus is interested to read about really bad customer service.

Thank you for choosing Optus. Optus has a privacy policy, please let your consultant know if you would like additional information.

Hi, you are now chatting with Felix T.

Felix T 02:25 PM

Hi, this is Felix T, your Optus Sales Consultant, how can I help?

You 02:25 PM

Hi Felix, I am Gilbert

Felix T 02:25 PM

Hello Gilbert

You 02:25 PM

Tried to call a store to get an answer, but it is impossible, I get a machine.

Felix T 02:26 PM

Can I have Full name, DOB and Mobile number?

You 02:27 PM

I wanted to know if the deal that you have at the moment for the prepaid Optus X Smart phone at $99 was also available in store or if it was only an online special.

You 02:27 PM

?

Felix T 02:28 PM

Allow me a moment

You 02:28 PM

And also if they have a phone on display that I can have a look at and if they have stock.

You 02:28 PM

OK

Felix T 02:30 PM

Thank you

Felix T 02:31 PM

Currently we are not sure about store information.

You 02:32 PM

So you don't know if the deal is only online or in store as well ???

Felix T 02:32 PM

Yes.

You 02:33 PM

Yes what ? No you don't know, or yes you know ?

Felix T 02:34 PM

We are currently not aware of that.

You 02:35 PM

So who is ?

Felix T 02:35 PM

You need to visit the nearest Optus store.

You 02:37 PM

Are you kidding me, I have to drive 10 kms to go to the store because we can't call them to ask them if they have the same deal and if they don't, drive 10kms back for nothing ??

Felix T 02:38 PM

Just to confirm you are looking at $99 trade up right?

You 02:39 PM

Are you for real, can you please read my question at the beginning of the chat !!!

Felix T 02:40 PM

$99 deal is available at Optus store only

You 02:41 PM

You are telling me fibs, it says on your website that you can order online, what are you talking about ?

Felix T 02:42 PM

Can I have Full name, DOB and Mobile number?

You 02:43 PM

Why ? You can't even answer my question !

Felix T 02:43 PM

To proceed further we need your information please.

You 02:44 PM

No you don't ! Can I have your employee number and name please.

Felix T 02:45 PM

I can help you with that.

Felix T 02:45 PM

Help me with the details please?

You 02:46 PM

I am not asking a question about an account, I just want to buy a prepaid mobile on special and want to know if the deal is available in store, is it that difficult question for a customer service employee ?

Felix T 02:48 PM

Let me explain to you.

Felix T 02:48 PM

As we are from sales chat team, we don't sell the prepaid mobiles, in that case you need to visit the store for prepaid mobiles.

You 02:50 PM

Why can't I just call the store to know if they have the same deal and if they have stock ?

Felix T 02:51 PM

You can call the store employees for it.

You 02:53 PM

I am telling you since the beginning of the chat that it is IMPOSSIBLE to call a store, I have tried many and I get the same machine, NOT POSSIBLE to talk to someone, this is why I started the chat.

And then he probably ended the chat, sort of hanged up on me:

Network connection failed, you are no longer connected to chat. Please try again later.

Notice as well that he did not give me his employee number or full name when asked.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Most Optus stores are not actually Optus stores. They are franchises that sell Optus products. 

On occassion I've tried ringing an Optus Store but 9 times of 10 you get redirected to the Optus 'help' line. A few stores do actually pick up the phone.

I agree that this model is increasingly not working and hopefully Optus look to tighten the store / Telco bond further.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

PS And online offers are just that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hello Caledoz, 

I'm sorry for the delay. It's disappointing to see the level of service that has been provided to you by Felix. I've sent through your conversation to the Live Chat team so they can track it down on their end and investigate. This deal isn't advertised as an online only offer meaning if the store has stock, it will be available. If you send us a private message confirming the store, I'll reach out to them to find out if they have a display model and stock of the phone. Thank you and sorry again! 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@petergdownloadTks, I did not know that they were franchises.

I ended up driving to the store, and yes they had the same deal as the online offer, and they had one on display that I was able to play with, but ...... no stock ... did not want to buy one, not impressed with the screen quality, but even if I did, it was a no go, it would be nice to be able to know in advance if the store have stock without having to drive 20 kms.

The salesperson did confirm that you could not call the store, they have stopped that because people were calling the store to complain about Optus or try to fix their NBN or other problems through the store.

He said that sometimes, by calling Optus, they could transfer you to the store if your query was genuine, like wanting to know the stock level of an item, but he did say "sometimes".

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@Mike-N  Thank you for the offer.

I ended up driving to the store, and they had one on display.

Felix should have been able to give me this information about the deal being online only or in store as well, yes this chat was very bad customer service and a waste of my time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

For 2mths I've been trying to get help with a problem. When I phone I get lengthy Option process. Which ever you choose you end up with a recorded msg and then it hangs up. I've gone into an Optus shop a few times. 1st time I was told it's an issue that can only be resolved if I TELEPHONE. I explained that Id tried but couldn't get a human to talk to (as just explained). I was told "the person who could help me in the shop wasn't there at that moment...so try coming back some time next week". I tried again a few days later. First I was told to telephone instead. I made it very clear I WOULD NOT BE FOBBED OFF. There is NO WAY of speaking to a human by phone. I sat and waite 30mins for someone to have a look at my phone. They fiddled around with it for about 20mins but couldn't figure out what was wrong. IN ADDITION, she changed my SIM card from G3 to G4 while I was there.......now all my CONTACTS are missing!!!!). OPTUS your customer service is NON EXISTANT. For a telecommunications company you have TERRIBLE communication standards.

Apart from the above issues (ie unable to send msg if pics attached & losing contacts list afer SIM card changed) I found out my 2yr contract had ended 6 mths ago and could have changed to the plan I'm now on at THAT time. The plan I was changed to 2mths ago (when int'l texts became a problem) is $20 cheaper per month. That's $120 I could have saved had I been alerted. If I hadn't gone into the shop for other reasons I would never have known....and would have kept being charged at the higher rate. Very shifty way to treat customers....a LOYAL customer having been with optus for many years.

ANYWAY...why am I unable to send intenational msg's with pics attached?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Stores redirect customers with issues to PHONE optus....despite there being no number to speak with a human.

Online chat cuts out mid chat....or even before you can tell them what the issue is!!

0 Kudos
Top Contributors