cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Junior_1972
New Contributor

Connection issues with Ubisoft Game Servers.

Hi guys

Got an issue with Ubisoft's UPlay server.  I am totally unable to download game purchases.  I have spoken with Ubisoft regarding the matter and have covered all aspects of support including port forwarding, software removal and re-installation etc.  After all this they tell me that the issue is on your end.  I use UPlay, Battle.net, Epic Games, Bethesda... you name it.  The only server I have problems with is Ubisoft.  Can you help in any way, as I am presently paying $20 per month for a service I cannot use.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Connection issues with Ubisoft Game Servers.

Hey there Junior_1972,

Ultimately it's not really something that we're going to be able to fix here on our customer forum.

If you do a search here for "battle.net" or "game servers" you'll see some older threads. You'll see you need to get in contact with the Optus Faults team to have a support ticket raised.

Let us know how you go.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I contacted tech support who told me to completely restart my hardware. Did so but issue remains. Everything internet based still working 100% except for UPlay. Have contacted Ubisoft with a please explain.
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

It is an interesting one.

Do you know anyone else who is having the same problem?

If it is or becomes a growing issue I'm sure we'll see more posts about it here.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor chewyibis
New Contributor

Im having the exact same issues today. I have been through everyting with Ubisoft and they say it is an Optus problem. Im about to call Optus and go through it all but Im waiting to here back from Ubisoft with something other than "its Optus".

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Don't know if this would work for you.  Try GoogleDNS.  Go to Network & Sharing Centre.  Go to adaptor options / settings.  Select IP4 Protocol, click on properties.  Uncheck automatic DNS and input 8.8.8.8 as your primary, 8.8.4.4 as your secondary.  Worked for me.

New Contributor Hesh
New Contributor

Lots of Optus users suffering the same issue...

I have a support ticket with Ubisoft at the moment and trying to follow their process, have submitted logs and screenshots etc. They did tell me it was an Optus issue and quoted a Tweet from May 2019, took that with a grain of salt but as advised by Ubisoft support I reached out to Optus chat support. That was a waste of time as they told me it must be Ubisoft's problem as I am not having any issues with Steam, Blizzard, getting great speeds on speedtest.net

Funny thing is Ubisoft state it is only people who are with Optus are reporting this issue, so kind of a stalemate where we as a customer of Ubisoft and Optus get caught in the middle. Anyway Ubisoft are escalating through their tech support, I suggested they contact Optus tech support direct and figure it out but no idea if that will happen.

Search Ubisoft forums for [PC] Download stuck at 0B/s (as I can't seem to put the direct link here) for further information.

I might try alternate DNS servers, and I have seen some people have had to use VPN to bypass the issue but I don't plan on doing that.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

I just spent 10 days troubleshooting with Ubisoft, only for them to tell it's an Optus issue.  Chatted online with a Optus staffer 3 nights ago, to be told it's a Ubisoft problem.  I have friends who can download off UPlay via other ISP's.  I think I know where this is headed for me.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Hesh
New Contributor

Ubisoft support responded to my support ticket overnight requesting more information.

nslookup -q=TXT whoami.ds.akahelp.net

Based on what came up from that I gave back to Ubisoft, I have requested that they come up with all the information required so when they do tell me to go back to Optus, I don't have to go back and forward again.

So personally the more I think about it the more it sounds like something on the Optus side is causing the issue, but hey I could be wrong!

I will keep this thread updated with the information from the Ubisoft support ticket.

0 Kudos
New Contributor p_aky30
New Contributor

I've been having the same issue and between all my friends that use UPLAY, i'm the one of 2 people that are experiencing these issues and we're both with Ubisoft.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors