Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Complaints procedure

I have endured poor service from Optus over the past 4 weeks and am at the point of asking a public forum for assistance on how to obtain a resolution. I have spent hours upon hours in-store, on the phone and most recently 2.5 hours on chat to no avail. 

I am hoping that, by posting here, the community will be able to provide me with some practical advice about speaking to someone with authority to assist me. The current complaints procedure (of either being on chat or writing a letter) has not worked as mentioned above. 

I don't feel that explaining my situation on here is appropriate however, in short, I ordered a phone online and despite confirming that I wanted it insured, the insurance was not attached to the phone. To confirm, the contract I agreed to did have insurance. Some days later, a second order without insurance was created by the online team without insurance. The end result, and for reasons I can't explain, I have been billed nearly $1400 dollars on my account which is now overdue.

My hope is to achieve a speedy resolution in this matter as all previous attempts have been futile.

Best Regards and thank you for your time. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Complaints procedure

If you have tried but been unsucessful with Optus then escalate the issue with a TIO complaint which will wake Optus up.

Unfortunatly using the TIO is the only way to get someone from Optus to listen to a customer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey Clever, this really isn't what we like to hear. Since posting have you spoken to someone who was able to help?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Pete, 

As a matter of fact, on my own accord, I have called Optus a number of times since posting and have been faced with similar occurrences, until this afternoon. Today, I spoke with a lady in billing who was professional, accepting of my frustrated manner, and understanding. She then, in the space of about 1 hour, credited my account for the $1,400 that was incorrectly billed to me and managed to add the insurance to my phone thereby correcting the original error made by Optus that sparked this debacle. This lady should be recognised for her actions and I would welcome the opportunity to do so. Can you suggest a way to do this? 

This is a silver lining in a mess that has taken up over 10 hours of my time at stores and on the phone. Definitely a disappointing experience with a company that prides itself on customer service and to which I have been a customer for, from memory, over 10 years. 

I appreciate your interest in my comments and am happy to discuss further if needed noting that my previous calls to the complaints division have remained essentially ignored.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Although I can appreciate your frustrations with trying to have this resolved; I'm glad our Customer Service team were able to look into this further and provide a solution. So I can pinpoint who you had spoken to, please PM me through your full name, d/o/b, mobile number and I'll then be able to forward this compliment to the agent and her manager.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos