cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

Venic
New Contributor
New Contributor

Check Optus pre-paid balance on other phone

Hi Everyone

I'm wondering if it's at all possible to check the pre-paid balance and expiry date of an Optus pre-paid service that you don't have with you on hand?

The situation I am in is that we set a family member up with a pre-paid Optus servcie on a mobile phone but they are now in a nursing home that has been completely locked down and I just wanted to check if the service is still all OK.

Thanks very much in advance!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: Check Optus pre-paid balance on other phone

Good question : ) 

As long as the number is on the same account/registered under the same name, you can check the service status & balance of all Prepaid services via My Account and the My Optus app.

First, you'll want to login to My Account and check if the Prepaid service number in question is listed there.

If it is, launch the My Optus app and tap the phone/tablet icon on the top left of the display. You may be prompted to login to my Account again, but you should the option to toggle between all the services that are linked to your My Account profile. 

If the number isn't linked, you'll need to contact us and we'll manually link the service. 

At this time, the best way to resolve My Account issues is through our Social Media response. You can find them on Facebook or Twitter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Venic
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hey Dan_C

Thanks for your reply - much appreciated. 🙂

So, I am also an Optus customer and have logged into My Account and the service I am wanting to check isn't listed there. You mentioned that I would have to contact you guys so that you can manually link the service so I was wondering, given the COVID-19 issues, what would be the best way to do that at the moment?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

That's okay 🙂 

Facebook or Twitter

The team are setup to help with these sorts of enquiries. 

They'll send you a link to a secure ID form. Once that's been completed, they'll take it from there. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos