Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Carls59
New Contributor
New Contributor

Charges for intentional calls I did not make

I have received a bill with charges for 2 intentional calls to a number I don’t recognise and did not call, in Antigua.
The calls do not match my call history. There are calls for those times, but to an Australian number. Not a crazy long international number.

Optus says I made the call…if I’m calling Australian numbers, how can I prevent intentional call charges in the future.
Sounds like a scam to me.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Kyri_YC

Re: Charges for intentional calls I did not make

Hey @Carls59. It's not great to hear about the unrecognised international calls you have been charged for on your latest bill.

If you can get in touch with our support team via the My Optus app, they will happy to investigate where these charges came from in further detail for you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@Carls59I have seen in the past issues like this on yescrowd where people have called 614..... for mobile or 61x.... x is state code like 2 in 02 or 3 in 03 and the dumb optus billing system has billed this as an international call as it has the 61 in it where it is actually NOT.

Try searching yescrowd for previous issues and see if you can find them and see if it was resolved, but more than likely due to the way optus do support you may never find how it was resolved as you have seen optus like to refer you to a private conversation, which is okay, BUT the thread in yescrowd is never resolved with Optus including information on if it was resolved or not.....

0 Kudos
Tuong_YC

Hey @AndS, if you were having some billing concerns - please send your service details to our 24/7 Support Teams on the Optus App and we will follow it up with you. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Can you please explain the response as I do not understand how your response is related to my post?
Carls59
New Contributor
New Contributor

I think this is exactly what happened as I had calls to 61 numbers at the call times.

They are removing the charges. Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Carls59 wrote:
There are calls for those times, but to an Australian number. 

Do the duration of those call match with the international call?

What are the first 6 digits of the international number that was billed (and of the 61 number if the duration matched)?

Were any of the 61 number longer then 11 digits? If so, how long were they?

0 Kudos
Tina_YC

I'm glad that's all sorted now, @Carls59. If you need a hand with anything else, please let us know. Tina. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors