cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Charged for the $10 discount bundle

So Optus promised that they would deduct $10 off my mobile plan because I signed up for a Cable Home Broadband bundle plan. So I got my first bill after this was applied, and with the $10 discount I am only meant to be charged $30 because the actual plan is $40. I am on the SIM-only 4GB data plan. 

In fact, I was charged $44 and this is only the first month after I've been on the plan. So that's an additional $14 I've been charged when really I was only meant to be paying $30. 

I need someone to help me.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Charged for the $10 discount bundle

Hey mate, is this your first month on this plan or with Optus in general?

If it's your first month with Optus they charge you one month in advance. What this means is you're charged for part of the month + a whole month so it works out to be more then your plan price. Here's an example.

Your billing cycle runs from the 1st to the 30th of each month. You signed up on the 15th. You'll be charged from the 15th to the 30th (half a month) PLUS a full month effectively charging you 1 and a half months. In your case, if you're on the $40 plan with $10 discount this would be $15+$30 equating to $45 after discount.

These are example dates only so figures will differ but have a look at your bill and see if that's the case

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem only it cost me $80 extra.  At no time was I informed that there was an additional months-in-advance payment required.  Quite a rip off.

BTW my bundle discount still doesn't actually happen despite being told it was 'locked in'.

Time to take Optus to federal and state authorities and demand damages for fraud.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @rfb - there may have been an issue with the bundle discount being added which I'm more than happy to have a look into to. In regards to the pro-rata charges/ month in advance, this is pretty standard for any phone service provider and is mentioned in the CIS as well as on the first bill.

If you'd like me to have a look into your bill further please PM me through your full name, DOB and the account number or phone number.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am  not a new member for optus my bill received very very high for the first time and every day you edding $10 for extra 1 GB i am not understand in what plan i am or let me what is going on in this case i have to leave optus . Actually  i have an optus member for years . So somebody help me?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

@170353 sorry to hear of the billing issues. It sounds like you have exceeded the amount of data used in your plan. A summary of your inclusions will be listed on the bill, and extra data is added as you exceed the quota. You may of incurred extra costs but using a large amount of data in a short time. If you jump into the My Optus App, this will provide a breakdown of your usage, you can also jump into Live Chat if you have any questions.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos