Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Charged for services i never signed up for!

XjessX595

Hi Optus. 

I've been getting weird text messages this week claiming that I've subscribed to games unlimited, games2up, and gamesaine. I never once signed up to these services. Check my text history and browsing history Not once have i signed up for these services. I checked my optus app and it seems I'm being charged. Like i previously stated I never signed up for these services so why am i being charged? I refuse to pay for something I never purchased. I will pay for my phone bill but not these scam numbers charging me for some crap i never signed up to. 

Re: Charged for services i never signed up for!

10000000000GB

You were deemed to have signed up, when you touched an advert on some game site. At that moment Optus sent yiur phone number to them in the request header.

XjessX595

But i haven't visited any game sites. I've had popups come up that I've closed after downloading a game from the play store but how is it legal to be signed up for clicking an ad?. I never agreed to sign up for anything i just closed a random ad. 

10000000000GB

It's legal until there is a law against it. Politicians are too dense to figure out what the internet does, let alone make any productive laws. Notice also, that practically all mobile companies charge you $10 per GB over, and don't allow you to turn this "feature" off. This is a price fixed cabal, that the ACCC doesn't seem interested in.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
79 Kudos
73 Kudos
63 Kudos
55 Kudos
49 Kudos