I have free Music and TV streaming (Netflix, Stan, etc.) with my mobile postpaid service, however I am constantly going over my data and being charged for it - this has happened four or five times now. Whenever I look at the data usage, the majority of the data is being used via these free streaming platforms. I have questioned this in the online chat, when I can get hold of someone, and the first time I asked about it, my details were not available.
I recently inquired about this issue again, and was told that it was because I ‘downloaded’ data, which I did not. I was offered a $20 one-time payment off my bills (I have gone over my data more than $200 in the last 3-4 months) and was informed my bills would be ‘flagged’. I am still waiting for feedback concerning this ‘flagging’. After this conversation, which I took screenshots of, I could not access further back than 2 months when looking at my data usage charts - I do have some screenshots of earlier ones. Has anybody had similar issues? How, if they were, did you get them resolved?
Solved! Solved: Go to Solution.
@Sgr, I'm sorry you haven't been given any rock-solid info.
I'm more than happy to perform an investigation for you from my end. There's two things I wanted to make sure that you're across.
1). We need to ensure that the Music streaming & Mobile TV have been correctly configured on the account. If you log into your Optus.com.au/myaccount → Click the Entertainment tab (right up the top of your dashboard) → You're given the option to select Music, Sport or TV → The add-on will either show as active or inactive.
2). The data insights tool will show you a breakdown of all your usage (regardless of whether it's unmetered).
The data you're actually being charged for appears on the first screen (the pie graph).
A comparison of the two should show that you're not being charged for data usage on apps that are unmetered.
1. I have checked my data streaming and it is active; I have also checked to ensure that my aps are on standard, which they are. 2. The pie charts are showing Netflix/Stan as the main source of data usage and the bar graphs indicate this too.
I also just checked the usage of Stan on my last bill April, when I checked it a few weeks ago, there were purple bars indicating that I had used approximately 3GB on the 11th of April, I have a picture of this. I just checked this same graph again and the bars have gone and there is no usage. I have both photos. Why has this changed?
@Sgr, I'm happy to go in and take a look.
I'll compare your billed usage with what our systems have captured.
You'll need to fill out the template below send it through as a private message.
Are you the primary account holder: Y/N
Your full name:
Mobile number or order number:
If you'd like to speak with a consultant in real time you can always speak with our sales support team on Live Chat → Optus.com.au/livechat.
This is exactly what has been happening to me for the last three days. I got charged $50 extra. Pretty much $10 an episode.
i chatted with three Optus people on chat that were useless & finally spoke to a customer service lady today who said it was fixed but tonight it has happened three times already.
i was credited the $50 & told to let them know if it happens again.
im soo close to changing carriers
@Pizza-Queen, let us know how you go.
It sounds like we might need to raise an IT case for you. You'll just need to follow the instructions I included in my comment above yours
The exact same thing has happened to me.
I have spoken to 3 different optus agents - who actually just kept repeating the same thing.
They stated i had been downloading stan which is absolutely false. I upgraded my sim only to 80gb (which was a nightmare to begin) - then added the streaming package onto my plan.
I finally realised stan had been using my data - when i enquired they said i had been downloading.
I know this is 100%not true as:
As per the above, you can request for an invesitgatiion to be done.
This is not something that we can currently assist with here on the forum.
I have actually also had this happen to me
I increased my Stan usage because of Endgame being released so I decided to just load up a Marvel movie when I did my 2 hrs of cardio at the gym I then recieved a notification stating I was at 75% I thought this was an error so I ignored it
I then received a $10 data charge 2 days later I presumed tgis may have been because I had placed my data share sim info a nighthawk device I have so I removed it
I also made sure I wasn't using anything but StN & Spotify( accidentally clicked post sorry)
Bit I was still incurring data charges & I would go through a GB per day when the only thing I was doing was watching Marvel movies on stan
I spoke with your live chat team when I recieved the 2nd charge they told me to wait for the bill & if the charges did appear I would be credited back. I then spoke to them again today & was told that I can only be credited 30% of the incurred data charges. I declined this credit as the issue seems to be happening.
If a ticket is also possible to be raised & the issue fixed & the charges waived off because of this issue that would be great