Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
becels
New Contributor
New Contributor

Changing plans through the Optus Flybuys website

Hi all, I'm trying to take advantage of the Flybuys Optus bonus points deal by upgrading my current phone plan. I'm went in store but the lady told me I need to do it via the deal website to claim the points. I'm currently on a $80 My Plan Plus but looking to move to the $49 a month plan. Do I select 'add a new service' or 'upgrade my current service'?

I'm assuming once I'm sent the new phone the plan updates automatically with Optus without me having to do anything else?

Sorry I am the most un-tech savy person on the planet so maybe a really obvious question but I just have no idea!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Aron_YC

Re: Changing plans through the Optus Flybuys website

Hey becels, 

You'll need to select to upgrade your current service, as a new service will give you a new number and be an additional service. Once you select the upgrade option just select the plan you're after and follow the steps. Then once you receive it everything automatically switches over to the new plan, you don't need to do anything once your order is placed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

cptoh1406
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

I had been trying to do the same but was told that it had to be a new service and I would need to change my mobile number.  I do not understand this.  What it the rational of offering this flybuy deal and forcing the customer to change their mobile number  ?  Is someone getting paid for new accounts in their KPI or is this just a marketing exercise to show increase in new subscribers ?  Guess no one is being measured for losing subscribers.  

Not happy with this deal.  

0 Kudos
z_hook

Hi @cptoh1406,

Thanks for raising this with us.

The current Fly Buys offer is for new services only. This means you will need to either be porting in a number from another provider or signing up to a completely new number. 

We'll be sure to have this flagged as feedback.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.