Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Jennieb
New Contributor
New Contributor

Changing number

I would like to change my number and was told I could do that when I entered into a contract, but am now being told that I can't change my number. I have read other posts here that say you can change for a $55 fee and if you know the number you want then its an extra $22. Why am I being told that I will need to set up a new service, and that I can then share data across both services, which will cost me a minimum of $49.99 a month.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
10000000000GB
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Changing number

Try chat agaim, until you get the answer you want.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

They call it chat roulette, or chat lotto. Works better on Telstra.

Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

It's definitely an option that's available to our post-paid customers @Jennieb.

We'll usually waive the number fee if you're changing your number due to unwelcome calls. 

If any other case, the number change fee is $55.00. 

If you're after a specific number, you're looking at a $77.00 fee.

We also have Gold numbers available which costs $132.00.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
ROXY1986
New Contributor
New Contributor

0 Kudos
Kartika

Hi @ROXY1986, are you looking to change your number? Is this for a mobile or home phone? Is this due to unwelcome / nuisance calls or any other reason? If it is for unwelcome calls then please refer to our → support page for all your options.

Normally number change is the last resort. However if you still wish to proceed with the change then you are best to speak with our Support team via the → messaging service to assist you further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy