Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Itrainif
New Contributor

Changing from Prepaid to Postpaid

Hi there,

can anyone tell me how long would it take for transition from prepaid service to postpaid based on your experience?? I placed my order to change from my prepaid service to postpaid plab on Tuesday night and received a temporary order that told me that they will need to do credit check and would called me next business day if they need anymore information. As I did not received any called on Wednesday, I live chatted one of the custome service to track my order on Thursday And he told me that credit check could take up to 48 hours and I should receive an email confirmation within 24 hours. After 24 hour passed still received nothing, i live chatted another customer service member that told me it is now with their backend team and I would received a confirmation SMS once my order is completed. And then I asked about the time frame when I will received the SMS they told me 3-5 business days from when I placed the order. 

is this normal?

thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Changing from Prepaid to Postpaid

1 to 5 working days they say on their main pages so if your order has gone into their backend (no pun intended) then 3 to 5 working days sounds about right to me.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Itrainif
New Contributor

Just an update on my case.

It has now the 6 business days from when I placed the order. and I still receive nothing.

I have talk to 2 sales support and 3 online chat customer service.

On Friday, upon posting here and reading other same cases. I have decided to call the sales support number and I have been told by the sales support member that she will get my order through and call me back once this has been done. I have received no call since.

On Saturday, I decided to call back to the sales support number and then I just found out that they haven't even did a credit check on me, so it means that they just put my order on their desk and do nothing from wednesday to saturday. The sales lady said that she will do it now. and so I wait. Till yesterday, I still received nothing. Not even an order confirmation.

So, I decided to talk to one of the customer service via the online chat again yesterday night (tuesday). and they told me it is still on credit check and ask me to wait for 24 more hours.

Due to the easter break, I am worry now that I won't receive anything till next week and my prepaid plan is expiring on this Saturday. I don't have any quota since Friday and decided that it will be a waste of my money to add data adds on as I thought this could be resolve quickly. 

I am quite frustated now and so is my cousin who have the same case with me. 

I just really want to know now, when I can expect everything to done.

At least, if they had a big volume of order, could Optus please tell us that there will be delay and until when should we wait for this.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor LastFriday
Occasional Contributor

Can you imagine the response of OPTUS if every subscriber with an active complaint visited an OPTUS shop or office on the last friday of every month in order to register their complaint or demand an update. I suspect that a resolution would be found pdq,

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Moderator Shauna

Hi @Itrainif - disappointing to hear of your experience. I can certainly appreciate this must be very frustrating. Can you please private message me with your details? I'll see what's going on. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors