Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
ecarlsontanager
New Contributor
New Contributor

Changing SIM to suit new phone, but keeping my old number

I have recently bought a brand new phone outright. I would like to still use my old number with my new phone, however the newer model is a nano-SIM while my older model in a micro-SIM. How do I change my plan in such as way as to transfer my old number to a new SIM? I am also looking to downgrade my monthly plan as well.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Vbarski
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Changing SIM to suit new phone, but keeping my old number

Check if your Sim card breaks into a smaller Sim card, as for about 7-8 years now Optus has provided 3in1 sims cards
If not,
Depending on where you are located (if you have a store near you that you can pop into or not)
You would need to get a new Sim card.
If you're on prepaid you can gey a $2 Sim from 7/11, some supermarkets, officeworks and Optus stores.
If you're on a post paid (billed) service you would need a new post paid Sim card.
You can get one from a store or through phone or online chat and have it sent out to you.
All current sims and for quote some time now they are 3in1 sims that have a full size, break into micro and break further in nano sims.
And seperately you can look at changing your plan to one of the current options depending on your needs.

Also when changing plans bear in mind data usage for the new handset so as not to downgrade the plan too low and get caught out with extra data charges

Hope this helps
0 Kudos
ecarlsontanager
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Changing SIM to suit new phone, but keeping my old number

Thank you, that is most helpful. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors