cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

Vonu4ka3
New Contributor
New Contributor

Changing Pre-Paid plan

I'm trying to change my pre-paid plan to offer more data, however, I can't figure out how i'm supposed to do this.

I've gone through the sms service, but that only gave me information. 

Tried going through the only 24/7 chat, but nothing worked.. would not load. 

I've gone through the plans available, but the only options are "Buy sim" or "recharge".

I don't need a new sim, I want to keep my number. Does recharge, change me to that plan? or would that just recharge my current plan?

I want to change to "Optus Prepaid Epic Data $30". 

Could I get some help, please. 

4 Replies
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Changing Pre-Paid plan

You should just have to send a text message "MENU" to 9999, could you please clarify if that is what you did and it didn't work?

When you reply to the SMS with the change rate plan menu option, I believe you get sent a link that takes you to the change plan section in the My Optus App (so you could try going straight to the App instead) with a Change My Plan button under the More --> Profile section.

Let us know how you go. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
BruceT
New Contributor
New Contributor

nothing mention about exit prepaid credit?

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi BruceT,

Not sure what you mean by exit prepaid credit? Do you mean existing credit? It's recommended existing credit is used prior to changing plans as it may be lost if moving to a different type of plan with different inclusions and bonuses.

More info on our help and support page: How to change your Prepaid plan

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
Nomes78
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi if I change my pre paid plan before my credit expires will I lose my credit once I change plan?
0 Kudos