cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Changing/Creating Accounts

Hello!

My mum bought me a phone about 5 years ago while I was still in school. That phone has recently been fully paid off and I would like to upgrade to a newer phone while changing the account the phone is under to mine, how do I go about this? 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Changing/Creating Accounts

Hi @KyeTurner, thanks for reaching out to us here. 

You can certainly upgrade with a new handset but it will be better if you change the account name to under your name first and then upgrade. Please note a credit check will be done and only once that is all clear the account name will be changed. 

To do a account name change (change of ownership) the account holder can  click here and submit a new request. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

What if I don't have an Optus account myself? Since I haven't purchased any phones or Optus products myself.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@KyeTurnerWatch the terms and conditions on any "upgrade" as they have contained some doozies in the past. Also compare the price on the same phone outright with a plan V's upgrading and being locked in for a certain time.

Make sure you read the fine print before signing anything.

Highlighted

Hi @KyeTurner,  only the account holder can submit the online form. Once this is done,  there will be a reference number issued and then you'll use this reference number and click at the second tab at the link "complete a saved request". 

Once this is done, your details will be  used to create a new account and here a credit check will be done. You'll need  100 points of ID to have a new account. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

When I click on the link you gave me it opens up to a page with two options, neither of the two buttons I can click on do anything. Is there a problem with your website or is this on my end?
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @KyeTurner, sorry about that. 

Can you please it again by click here  or → https://bit.ly/2G9mZr0 and then select New request. Please note you may have to click at the tab once and then wait for a minute and then click again. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors