Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Change plan need a new SIM?

Hi

My 24 months phone plan contract ended and I just changed to SIM only plan from your website. After submitting successfully the final page said "We will pack your order as soon as possible and you will receive an SMS when it leaves our warehouse." So a new SIM is to be delivered? Why? I am with Optus already. Can you  not just simply change plan on current SIM? If a new SIM is required, would my service be stopped until new SIM is activated?

My order number is 64524360 if it is of any help.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Change plan need a new SIM?

Hi @hongmin - thanks for reaching out and sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've just taken a look at the order via the number you've provided and can't see anything about a SIM card delivery. Are you able to confirm if your new plan is active on the account since messaging us? If not, for immediate assistance, we'd recommend reaching out to our LiveChat team here → http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat. Alternatively, if you could shoot me a private message with your full name, date of birth, and account number, we can investigate for you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for reply. That is ok no sim delivered. My new plan is active with current sim. What confused me was that on your website when I upgraded my plan, it said new sim delivered. Since I am alreay with optus, that sound rediculous new sim required for upgrade. Hence I asked. It should be reworded. Now all good for me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey @hongmin, sorry for all the confusion in regards to the Sim card delivery. The system automatically assigns a new sim card to any order placed online even if it is a re-contract. This is because some customers are upgrading from an old phone with different size Sim to a new phone with a different size Sim. However all our online orders are access by our online sales support team before being processed and confirmed which is why you did not receive the Sim as yours was a Sim only plan. Glad to hear it is all good now. If you need assistance with anything else in the future let us know.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos