Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Change of ownership

I want to do a change of ownership so I take over my daughter's mobile contract.  My contract expires next month.  When we do this can I still retain my current mobile number?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Change of ownership

Hi there,

The contract is associated to the mobile number. My understanding is Optus won't allow a mobile number change only a name change.

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Re: Change of ownership

Hey @BellaBella007

Technically I guess it's something that's possible although there's no set in stone process. Once the transfer has gone through, we'd need to cease your existing account with us. Do you remember if the mobile number originally came from Optus or had you ported the number in from another provider such as Telstra ect? If it's the former then your number would be placed into a quarantine, we can pull this number out of quarantine and perform a number change on your daughter's service. 

If the number originated from another provider, the number would be sent back to the donor carrier and you'd need to complete the reactivation process through them. You'd then need to port that number back to Optus on a prepaid mobile service (it's a bit of a headache to deal with). 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy