Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor Normi
New Contributor

Change of contract

Hi, 

I have been trying to change my contact from $60 plan to newer and better $40 plan for more than 7 days now.

I tried online and successfully changed one of my mobile plans but to my surprise my other phone plan didn’t changed and an email came with the ref no  : T71517435992411 to contact Optus sales team. I tried to contact them , waited in queue for more than 45 mins no response. Tried Optus Live Chat number of times no response. Went to Optus shop and the consultant connected me to the directt Optus number. I explained the whole problem to him , he said contact Optus Sales team

!!...what a joke waiting time is more than 1 hour. Good on you Optus what a superb service,

Pls help I have been a loyal Optus customer for more than 12 years , I have got 4  Optus mobiles under my name . I need to sort this ASAP please 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Change of contract

Optus Stores are not Optus. They just sell phones and get a commission if they sell Optus plans. Any contractual issues need to be sorted through Optus directly.

I agree that the service channels appear to be over whelmed. Either this is because of too few CS agents or too many complaints. Either way Optus are not doing well at the moment in this department.

I can only suggest keep trying to get through. That and deciding if sorting this ASAP is really critical.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

New Contributor Normi
New Contributor

Thanks Peter for your response. But I am really disappointed with Optus support, being one of the biggest telcos in the country its just too hard and time consuming to get in touch with them just to switch your contract from one plan to another 

Regards

0 Kudos
Moderator Wesley-J

Hey @Normi - apologies for all difficulties you've faced in trying to get through to us. Please send us a private message with your full name, DOB and service/account number so we can help you out with your upgrade.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Normi
New Contributor

Hi Wesley,

I finally got in touch with Optus through Optus Chat. All sorted. Optus support should put more resources in their Sales / upgrade team for better service.

Regards

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I'm glad we could sort this one out in the end @Normi.

If something does come up in the future, you're always welcome to reach out to us here.

Have a great evening

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor lordteds
New Contributor

SO I order a I PHONE 7 10 tens ago and its suppose to be sent today, I chat today Im now advised Its out of STOCK this was iphone 7 256gb pplan $59 a mth 20gb. SO spend 1hr and 30 minutes to sort this out online.

I have been offered a i phone 8 ONLY 64GB $79 a mth 25gb a mth, I think this is a good offer, NOW ON GO the website and this is a every day deal, so even though IV been stuffed around and GOD knows when i would have found out the I PHOne 7 was not coming if hadt chased it up. I Expect better from OPTUS and THINK I should get a bit of compensation because of the stuff up

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I've replied back to your post on thread → https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Apple/Help-for-Order-Delivery-Activation-and-your-First-Bill/m-p/38...

You're welcome to send us a private message. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors