Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Boognish
New Contributor
New Contributor

Change of Ownership Details Notification

Hi,

A few weeks ago I submitted a change of ownership details form to change the ownership of a mobile number from a family member to myself. I am yet to hear back from Optus as to whether the change has gone through or not. When and how will I be informed that the change of ownership has been successful?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JustinB
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Change of Ownership Details Notification

Hey Boognish,

You would generally be notified via SMS/e-mail once the change of ownership has been processed.

If you send us your details via our Online form, we'll check up on this and let you know of the status 🙂

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Toals
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I notified Optus of a change to my Company mobile phone over 9.5yrs ago. Goodness knows how many times I've rang and spoken to a call center operator and been assured it's been done. I've filled out the change of Ownership forms online and been given receipt numbers for the change. Still nothing! I've just started a contract for new phone I bought for my wife and whilst the operator (Bernie) was most helpful, he has been unable to carry out the change. 

I've just given up as I think it's just beyond them (Optus) The company was my own and has been retired through all the correct channels ten years ago. I just want the phone in my name and not the company. (anyone from Optus reading this, feel free to get in touch).

Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Shauna
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @Toals - thanks for getting in touch. It's disappointing to hear that this has been going on for almost 10 years. If you've submitted the change of ownership form, then there is no reason why this should be occurring. 

Can you please send me a PM with your account details, full name and DOB so we can take a further look? I'm sure you've heard this before, but sorry you've had to continuously chase this up. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos