Searching...

Mobile

Change number on same contract

Div2

Hi,

I opted for a new number when I purchased a new 24 month contract with optus. However, I just had a change of mind and want to keep just one number i.e. My old number, instead of two. I haven't activated my new number with optus yet. Can I add my old number on this optus contract and discontinue the new number that I selected with optus which hasn't been activated yet?

Thank you

Re: Change number on same contract

10000000000GB

What you ask is simple, but you have to be wary that whatever operator you ask to do it, might push a wrong button.

Div2

Oh okay. So you mean that that's possible right?

Because  I know that once you have activated the new number, you can't change the number on same contract. But I am unsure if I can change the number if I haven't activated it yet.

10000000000GB

In  2013, there was a $55 fee to change in contract. You will have to ask chat.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

Highlighted

Toomey

Hey @Div2, if the order has already been placed and you want to change the phone number, it will need to be cancelled and re-booked. changing the number in contract doesn't allow us to specific the number, it will just issue you with a new random one. As the service is yet to be activated, there should be no cancellation fee (unless you have received equipment).

My advice would be to speak with Sales Support on 1300300562 Mon - Fri: 8:00am - 7.00pm EST. They will be able to check the status of your order/plan details to advise of possible options.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
76 Kudos
75 Kudos
74 Kudos
73 Kudos
52 Kudos