cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Change my mobile number

Hi everyone,

I just got the new iPhone on a new Optus plan. It came with a new number and SIM card. Until now I was using another number that was registered in my husband name and we just changed ownership of the account to me, so I own both numbers. 

I would like to transfer the old number to my new plan and close the old account.  Would you be able to advise how this can be done?

Thanks!

Betty

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Change my mobile number

Best to talk to LIVECHAT.

It may require a new SIM be sent out so another option might be to drop into a Optus store and they can probably do it on the spot.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for the directions. I chatted with the consultant and she said it's not possible to change the number as I've activated the new SIM. It's hard to believe this is the case with all the technology and stuff, so I'm going to visit Optus store with both my phones and see what thay can do..

Betty

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Does seem strange. Should be easy enough to effect.

As a worst case scenario you should be able to arrange to port the number you want into a new plan (get a new SIM) and cancel the two existing plans. Technically you're ending a contract but in reality you're just shifting the number across.

Note that many Optus stores are franchises (their to sell stuff). So they may also have limits on what they can do without contacting Optus Cust Reps just like you.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos