Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Sandiegh
New Contributor
New Contributor

Change from Virgin to Optus

Hello to you all. I am very interested to know from this forum who has moved their  mobile service from Virgin to Optus after receiving notification that Virgin was ceasing business. I understood from Optus via text that if I changed my service I would have my handset costs waived. I am now in heated discussions with both V and O. One tells me that my case has been put through to their resolution department and Optus is saying I must pay the total handset payout to Virgin and then they will credit my account. I thought “waived” meant to refrain from claiming or insisting on; give up; forgo. So why are they insisting I pay. I don’t want credit and I don’t want to come up with several hundred dollars they say I owe. Thanks for reading.

4 Replies
Ellas
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Change from Virgin to Optus

Incorrect that you 1st have to pay the waived amount & then have Virgin credit it back, apart from anything else it makes little sense. Once you're invited to switch with the offer of the outstanding amount being vaived ( 6 mths early in my case), Virgin automatically credits that amount to your Virgin account upon you signing up with Optus. That's the way it worked with me.

Ps. Upon deciding to switch to Optus, don't follow the link & fall for the 'great offers we have on offer for you' as they're substandard & offer far less value than regular Optus plans. Rather, call Optus direct & sellect from their standard offerings on their regular site. That's what I did. This last bit helps you as well as Optus. Optus b/c it saves them a lot of outraged customers & losing customers altogether. Optus sales were very good & accommodating. (For reasons stated I don't understand the rationale behind that link or if it's still there.). Beyond that, at the moment Optus offers the best value out of all the 3 major carriers. If any of the above has changed since the last 2months, I'm sure Optus will respond here.

HTown
New Contributor
New Contributor

Could not have said it better myself. 

Listen to this person 🙂

0 Kudos
BkMc
New Contributor
New Contributor

How long does it take to receive the Optus Sim Card? I am still getting messages and bills from Virgin. When I sign in to Virgin, it says I'm in credit but emails tell me I owe - I'm not understanding this at all. Shouldn't it just move over?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
dennyboy
New Contributor
New Contributor

What your saying doesn't make sense to me..??  No-one will let you off, paying for your phone.... If you have a contract in place, you still have to pay for the handset... how Virgin to Optus sort that out I dont know,..?  I have just switched from virgin to Optus... now I am hoping Virgin send me my cheque for my credit money like they say they would...????   I'll be watching that.!!!!!!!

Good luck.  

0 Kudos
Top Contributors