Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Gregoryjmj
New Contributor

Change Prepaid Epic Data plan

Hi.

i am currently on the $30 Prepaid Epic Data Plan and i was wondering if I am able to switch to the $30 Prepaid Epic VALUE plan? and does my current 16GB data rollover to the Epic Value Plan?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Change Prepaid Epic Data plan

You can change anytime on prepaid (that's its benefit). Your existing plan will also stay active until it runs out in its normal expiry period (so you could swap SIMs in and out). However they're seperate plans and you can't rollover any unused/bonus data between them.

As you've already spent the money you might as well use the current Epic Data Plan until it expires before buying the new Value plan.

Out of interest what is your anticipated monthly data usage? 

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor zzzman
Occasional Contributor

Apologies for hijacking this thread but I've got a related question about recharging for Optus Prepaid Epic plans.

I signed up on the $40 SIM kit and got 45GB for the first 28 days. 

I need to recharge today but want to downgrade to the $30 recharge option.

Will I still get the 35GB data associated with the $30 recharge? Or do I have to stay on $40 recharge to get 45GB data?

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Minimum recharge is $30. You will get the associated amount from the CIS chart. So if you recharge with $30 then you get 35Gb. 

NB If you don't care about the phone number then you could just buy a new $40 plan which is currently on sale for $15

Peter Gillespie

Top Contributors