Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor AP1
New Contributor

Change Phone or cancel - day 2 of new plan

Hi All

My wife and I decided to make the switch back to iPhone, and switch to Optus from Voda after using Note 9's for the last 6 month's

We made this choice after being informed in the store that we could keep messages etc using the switch from Android app that Apple provide. Now it turns out after hours of troubleshooting, that this app is not compatible with Android Pie (or so I have found online - Apple simply told me there were known bugs and they couldn't help)

I never would have changed if I knew I would lose my SMS history as I have some very important messages I want to keep (I do have screen shots but you can't easily search those!)

Is there a returns period with Optus? I'm not sure what to do next

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Crowd Champion caaf
Crowd Champion

Re: Change Phone or cancel - day 2 of new plan

As you’ve taken delivery and open/used the device there’s little to be done, you basically own the device once you sign .. I wonder if you could sell the device and move back to android.

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor AP1
New Contributor

Even if it has been sold offering a feature that doesn’t work?

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion caaf
Crowd Champion

They didn’t offer a service that can’t be fulfilled sadly it’s Apple or the developer/s of an app. I guess if Optus supply the App they’d be in a bit of crap. The phone itself works, can they be held accountable of a third party app that’s outside there control?

You may need to go down the path of printing them of to a PDF or paper??

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors