cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Cellular not working on Apple Watch series three and number share has been taken off

So I brought a Apple Watch series 3, it was delivered yesterday. Set it up number share was working but cellular icon would stay white. I contacted your message service for help on this after being told to reset the device 6 times and reset it all up, I am now getting the error message “your ineligible to enable mobile data on your Apple Watch”
Someone from your team put a service request in at 1.34am this morning without my consent for something which has effected mobile data being enabled on my Apple Watch stopping number sharing from working also.
I wished I had read through the posts on the dramas Optus has on the watches and the set ups involved, it shouldn’t have to take 6 factory resets and set ups to get a brand new product working or in my case not being able to be enabled at all.
Please some who isn’t going to beat me around the bush please help out because it’s disappointing when you buy a product and your unable to use it as it’s meant to.
Naomi
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Cellular not working on Apple Watch series three and number share has been taken off

All the issues happened when Christos, on the message help desk told me to do this: Please follow the below steps on your phone.

Manually steps to remove number share form cx devices.
Apple iphones
1.Open the watch app on your iphone.
2. Tap General.
3.tap Reset.
4. Tap Erase Apple watch Content and settings.
5.Tap Erase Content and settings.
6. An additional prompt will appear. Confirm the change by tapping Erase all content and settings.
7.Tap Remove Optus Data Plan.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Cellular not working on Apple Watch series three and number share has been taken off

Hi @Omilee,apologies in regards to your experience so far. From what you have mentioned it seems your number sharing has been disabled and you need to setup your new watch to pair from the beginning. So we first need to make sure number sharing is active on our side and might have to reset the settings. Once this is completed you then → setup your watch again as a new watch to proceed. 

Unfortunately, we don`t have access to customers profile on this public forum. If you have a social media account then please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance in this regards. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors