cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Cash Bill Payments at local Optus Store

My local Optus store will no longer allow me to pay my bill by cash at the store.  They have given my a flier about bill payment that says Optus changed this on 1st Jan 16.  I think this is ridiculous and unfair.  The shop still has cash payment facilities for people buying a phone, but not if you want to pay your bill.  Stupid.  The bill payment options are not acceptable as I am forced to either provide my account details for EFT or pay a fee to pay my bill at the post office.  I do no want to have my mobile bill taken via EFT.  There has previously been disputed bills that would have emptied my bank account.  These were later resolved in my favour and I actually owed only a miniscule amount.  I do not have cheques and money orders cost money.  Why do I have to pay a bill to pay my bill!  I can pay my gas, electricity and water at the post office in cash without extra fees, why not my phone bill or is a phone no longer considered essential? Bad decision Optus ! 

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Cash Bill Payments at local Optus Store

Hi Acko, thanks for posting and sorry you feel this way! We still offer a variety of ways to pay your invoices - you don't need to have direct debit set up, but can still pay through BPay or via the postoffice for cash payments. Hope this helps! 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Ah, excuse me but you obviously didn't read what I posted and have no clue of your own policy.  There is an extra FEE to pay by cash at the POST OFFICE.  There is now no way to avoid it (the fee) due to a stupid policy that is inconvieniancing customers and costing them money. 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

We're sorry to hear about your experience Acko & understand why you would be uncomfortable having direct debit set up. Would you be comfortable making your payments via BPAY? This way you're in control over when your payments are made, how much is paid, you'll also avoid a bill payment fee & can also make the payments from the comfort of your own home. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

You need to listen when I say this is not at all good enough, in fact its a damn joke.  What happened to "YES" Optus because it seems something as simple as paying my bill in cash is just far too difficult for anyone at Optus to comprehend.  I've been paying my Optus bill on time, in cash and at the Optus shop for over 15 years.  Yes 15 years, thats how long I've been an Optus customer.  That's probably at least 10 years longer than most Optus employees have worked there.  So understand this, one of your oldest customers is livid about this change.  I will not accept anything other than reversal of the decision or the dropping of the fee to pay cash at the post office. 

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

The ability to pay in the optus store itself is a must. I don't understand why staff cannot manage doing my payment and paying my bill even via card. I find it rediculus that I was forced to go to the post office to pay my bill while the store is open and available for service. All other stores are doing it for example virgin mobile, they accept payments in store no problem but this! I find it annoying. Make this option available please. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Its really stupid, you can purchse accessories in stores BUT!!! you cannot pay your bill in stores. WHY? it does not make sense. Fix up your services, the website is too slow but now this, makes it a disappointment shopping experiance. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi @Marfield101 - the payment option to pay your bill in store was removed due to incompatibility with upcoming billing system upgrades. I hear what you're saying, you can still pay the bill through the App, your MyAccount, 1509 and through Aus Post. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I see and I understand but still the option to pay in store needs to be brought back, at times paying online and having the post office close when about to pay my bill is pretty inconvenient. I feel more secure paying in store. Please inquire to the website management and the billing management to optimize the website and the app (slow and inaccurate data, delayed payment information and usage) don't make it every 24 hours to refresh. It will give a more reliable experience and gives me trust to the Optus service. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am used to be barked at by pimp-rich boys and semi-naked girls who have mostly a little idea of technical, if any at all, service issues and whose wages are paid by us just to keep them employed if their job network was OK them to make it into Optus system.

Yesterday I was really amused at tale of a bill payment system out of order two days and no clue when a comp will allow it. My kind request to provide a hard copy of a bill was met with demand show ID.

I paid cash at that outlet till recently and already contacted Optus a year ago just to hear that staff misuderstood new rules and they are obliged to assept bill payments at shops.

So, why should I sustain multi-million dollar outrageous salaries of Australian Post bonzes and who did mislead customers on Optus bill payment arrangements by fixing a $2 levay to feed those privileged to be employed in bossy positions in this case?

0 Kudos