Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor RayLJ
New Contributor

Cannot send emails on any mobile device

Hi 

I cannot send emails via the optus network on any of my mobile devices ( Iphone 7, Ipad), error message "cannot connect to the Optusnet server. Can receive. Can send and receive via webmail and my NBN service.

Have reset passwords , removed and reloaded email account, rebooted both devices. Outgoing mail server details checked. Mail box is not full. Optus tech service cannot seem to fix apparently have reset mobile server.

When issue was first identified found VPN icon flashing in settings on Iphone, apple advised to reset network settings , this fixed VPN icon flashing but is now not visable on iphone.

I can send using another email account -GMail

Has anyone got any other ideas to fix

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: Cannot send emails on any mobile device

If you are unable to send emails, using Optus's outbound SMTP server, it sounds like your device is not on the Optus Network, this could be because you have a VPN Active, or maybe using Wifi on a Non Optus Network.  Are you connected to Wifi when you are trying to send emails? If you go into settings and select VPN, is it showing a disabled/not active?

If you open up a Web Browser and go to www.whatismyip.com what is the IP address? Just give the first two parts e.g 100.100.x.x and not the last two set's of digits.  This will help confirm, if your device is on the Optus Network.

You would be able to use Gmail, as its not relient on being on the Optus Mobile Network for sending email, as they support authentication on outbound email.

0 Kudos
New Contributor NSW
New Contributor

When did this change? Until recently I have been able to receive and send emails from my non-optus phone - I have had an optus account for years and have used the generic email app on my samsung phone and more recently the outlook app. I can receive but not send. I also cannot send emails from my samsung tablet which does connect to our optus nbn. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

No change that I'm immediately aware of, NSW and this original post is several months old now.

Just clarifying if the advice from pwright's response worked?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors