cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor BJC23
New Contributor

Cannot receive mobile phone calls or send/receive sms

Since about 6pm last night I have not been able to receive phone calls on my iPhone (it says I’m unavailable) but I can still phone others. I can’t send or receive sms but I can send and receive iMessage. I’ve tried to contact live chat but they are too busy. Didn’t realize this was happening until my family called my partner in a panic saying my phone was switched off and I haven’t responded to messages for 24 hours. Help! 

3 Replies
New Contributor Malufran
New Contributor

Re: Cannot receive mobile phone calls or send/receive sms

I'm experiencing the same which is very annoying

Apparently, there is outage: https://www.optus.com.au/about/network/service-status

I wonder why it takes Optus over 24 hours to fix the issue. Their online chat is also unavaible

0 Kudos
New Contributor Kate345
New Contributor

Same! I’m glad I’m not the only one I’ve spent half the night thinking my phone was fried.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi everyone,

This was likely due to this issue posted in this thread, it should be resolved now. You may just need to restart your phone.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors