Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Cannot pay optus bill- discontinue service.

Hi,

I have been trying to get this information, I was on a student visa in australia but from april 2018 I've moved back to my home country. When I came back I kept the optus sim service ON as I was still using it for text messages online security. But now that I'm here, I cannot pay the bills anymore. I am on a 12 month contract but for the last three months my service was suspended and I wasn't using Optus. 

Next year, I wish to come back to NSW and I want to clear my bills. 

I've heard its mandatory to pay for four months if someone is on a one year contract. 

Can anyone help, please.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cannot pay optus bill- discontinue service.

I wouldn't leave it till next year as you will most likely have the debt collectors chasing you by then. This also may limit your ability to get services from any other company in Australia. Best to have a word with billing and accounts on the live chat link below and see if you can sort something out.

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

Highlighted
Blog Author

Hmm, if the service has already been suspended for three months, there's a very good chance that the debt has made its way to an external collections agency and the number itself has been forcibly disconnected.

Definitely get onto Live Chat and discuss some options. 

Let us know how it all goes. If you have any questions for us, let us know and we'll do our best to help. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks.

I just had a live chat- he gave me two numbers.
First to cancel services.
Second, to contact billing department.

This should be okay unless they keep me on hold over the phone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the information.
Can you please explain how third part debt collection works? 
As I am not residing in Australia, wouldn't they find it more convinent to contact me via e-mail? (still didn't get any mail from them)

Thanks Again.

0 Kudos