Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
localhost127
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot access Netflix and Appstore on LTE

Hi all,

I'm on the postpaid 75GB mobile broadband plan and have the SIM card in a TP-Link Archer MR600.

All of a sudden I can't access the Apple Appstore from both my iPhone and iPad. It just doesn't load at all.

I also can't access Netflix both through the website or App - it just times out. I can't even ping Netflix - it just times out too.

If I connect to a VPN then both work fine and also if I turn my Wifi off and access them from my Telstra mobile service.

I've rebooted everything and tried different DNS servers with negative result. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
62 Replies
Jack_YC

Re: Cannot access Netflix and Appstore on LTE

Hi there @localhost127, it's not good to see you're experiencing this issue when accessing the App Store.

The first thing I recommend trying is logging out out that App Store, then log back in again and see if that resolves the issue. You should also check that the software on both devices is up to date.

If you're receiving a specific error message when you try and connect, please let us know so we can check that out for you. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
localhost127
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your post. Unfortunately, that doesn't work. And its the same with Netflix. I can't even ping Netflix so there must be something deeper going on.

0 Kudos
Jack_YC

Thanks for clarifying @localhost127. Can you please try the steps in this Troubleshooting Guide to see if that improves your connection. 

If you do continue to experience further issues, I recommend sending us a message via the My Optus App so we can take a closer look at your connection for you.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
localhost127
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.

All fixed. I created a new profile on the modem and changed the APN from 'yesinternet' to 'connect' and now everything is working. How bizarre...

0 Kudos
Jack_YC

It's good to see you've been able to sort this out @localhost127. Thanks for coming back and sharing your solution with our Yes Crowd community too. 

0 Kudos
localhost127
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately this problem started up again after just a few hours of "fixing it". I can't access Netflix or the App Store again. Both just time out. I have tried my Optus SIM in a different modem with the same result too. Its driving us crazy and doesn't make any sense.

0 Kudos
z_hook

We do apologise for the ongoing experience you've had with this, @localhost127.

If you haven't already, we'd recommend having your SIM card replaced. This can be done at your local Optus store at no charge. If you're in a locked down state, you can view which stores are open for NSW here or VIC here. You will need to contact the store to organise an appointment.

If you continue to face issues after this, please then send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

0 Kudos
localhost127
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Unfortunately I'm still having this issue. I haven't had the SIM card replaced, however, I have a second Optus card here and it has exactly the same problem so I'm satisfied its not the SIM card that's the issue.

AppStore is fine now, its just Netflix. I cannot access Netflix from any device on my network (iPhones and Windows PCs). It is driving us mental. This morning I called Optus Support; the first call I got through to an operator but was hung up on after 10 seconds and she didn't call me back. I called two more times but when it said to press 5 for technical support the call dropper out both times.

Can someone please help me? I have tried everything, even a different router and it still doesn't work. 

0 Kudos
Rob_YC

Hi @localhost127. Very sorry to hear you are still having issues with Netflix. We recommend sending a private message to the official Optus Facebook page or Twitter page for further assistance.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors