Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
BelleDay
New Contributor
New Contributor

Cancelling my iPhone xs order

1 month ago I ordered a gold iPhone xs online through Optus. Optus said that this particular phone was on back order and that they would send me an email when they get more in stock. I haven't paid for the phone yet because Optus said I wouldd only have to pay once it had been shipped to me. I have been waiting 4 weeks and haven't heard anything from Optus!!! I need my new phone badly as my old one has broken I was wondering if I could cancel my order so I can buy another phone that isn't in backorder and will come quickly!!!! please someone help me cancel my order!!!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
BelleDay
New Contributor
New Contributor

How long until the gold iPhone xs is in stock again???!!!

How long until the gold iPhone xs is in stock again???!!!

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Cancelling my iPhone xs order

Unfortunately Optus don't do well communicating if stock is not in order. The next thing you'll get is a note the phone has left the warehouse. FWIW your probably better off finding/ordering a phone in store and then signing up on a plan when you can take it with you. I believe you can also sign up to Optus plans directly in the Apple Stores

Unfortunately getting info on stock from Optus is not easy at the best of times and you'll have almost no chance now (See Covid link above). Try place a message in the Optus Phone App. But otherwise if you can just ask for the order to be cancelled and start all over rather than try modify anything.
0 Kudos
BelleDay
New Contributor
New Contributor

ok thank you very much, 🙂 but how do I cancel my phone order?
0 Kudos
Logged-Off
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: How long until the gold iPhone xs is in stock again???!!!

Most likely never will.
Apple no longer make them nor sell them.
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Do you have a phone with your current Optus SIM? As mentioned use the app to leave a message and hopefully they will get back to you

Alternatively buy a refurbished iPhone sub $1000 and use that while you wait. Sell it on Ebay once your phone finally arrives. Might cost you $100 overall and you'll have a nice iPhone in the mean time
0 Kudos
nitty3134
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

What size were you after? I purchased a 512g space grey on the 24th March and after speaking to customer relations due to an ongoing issue I was advise that it was out of stock and no more were coming in. I believe though that they might be getting in the 64g in...