Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mobile Outage Northern NSW has now been resolved 2PM AEDT
New Contributor sg88
New Contributor

Cancelling Order with Temporary Order Number

Does anyone know if there is a way to cancel an order with just a temporary order number? Or do you just leave it to cancel itself?

I've just been on the phone for 1.5 hours to try and finalise the order, but remove the request to port a number from Telstra, and I got nowhere other than transferred between sales/online/sales/"experts" in a loop. I think the main issue was a language barrier - maybe it's my english accent.

I think it would be easier to just cancel this order and make a new one without a porting request. Then hopefully I'd just need to speak to Optus when going through the credit checks for the order. Unless they can match an online offer in store then that would be much easier!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
New Contributor sg88
New Contributor

Re: Cancelling Order with Temporary Order Number

I've re-ordered onine and emailed a scan of my passport, hopefully the original temporary order will just not get processed.

This time i got a "proper" order number straight after the temporary one

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Mike-N
RetiredModerator

Sorry for the delay @sg88! Have you since had this resolved? When you place a subsequent order, it will generally raise a flag in our system that multiple orders have been placed by the same person. Our Admin team then subsequently will investigate to see what's going on and cancel the duplicate or contact you (this can take a few days depending on their backlog) to confirm details and then proceed with the correct order.  I'm not certain why when you called you were transferred around but all temporary orders are handled by our Online Sales Direct team on 1300929949 who are open Monday - Friday : 8am to 9pm and Saturday 9am-6pm EST. If you're still unsure of the status of your initial order, please send us a private message with your temporary order and phone number, full name and date of birth. Thank you!  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor sg88
New Contributor

No worries, the second order worked and the SIM is on it's way.

I might drop you a PM just to double check that the original order is cancelled if that's ok though!

Thanks

0 Kudos
New Contributor lis866
New Contributor

Hi there, 

I am also needing to cance my order though as my original phone was lost I cannot call!

I tried the live chat and they just told me to call. 

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Hey @lis866, sorry for the troubles getting hold of someone to look into this. If you still need a hand, please send me a private message with your order number, full name and DOB. I'll check it out and get back to you asap.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors